Director of OEM Relationships
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Fahrenheit Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE FAHRENHEIT GROUP is partnering with our client, EVATRAN, to search for their new DIRECTOR OF OEM RELATIONSHIPS. This critical new position will report to the CEO and be based at their RICHMOND,VA headquarters but will spend 50% time traveling both domestically and internationally.
an experienced, self--motivated team member to lead its Automotive OEM Sales function. Evatran is
engineering a future where EVs don't plug in. You'll help build something that will be a household name
in 5 years. Think category defining like Kleenex or Xerox back in the day.
The Director of OEM Relationships will be responsible for planning and executing the Company's transition into the Automotive OEM Business. After three years showing the product's performance
and reliability in the aftermarket, Evatran is poised for a breakthrough in transitioning to a series
The Director will first focus on executing against the Company's first OEM commitment (achieved in mid--2016). With ensured success with the Company's first OEM customer,
the individual will transition to closing additional OEMs across the globe. Tactical elements will include
being the trusted point of contact for OEMs, driving to understand OEM demands and needs,
developing plans and strategies to increase our penetration into the OEM business and business
development with new partners. This self--starter will have a singular focus on attaining and managing a
growing group of happy OEM customers as the Company scales.
Top three candidate competencies
1. Evidence of strong, proactive customer communication skills
2. Experience in the automotive OEM business; specific focus on transitioning an aftermarket
product to an OEM supported product (endorsed aftermarket and/or series production)
3. Self--starter needing little direction
Roles and Responsibilities
* Lead the transition of the Plugless product from an aftermarket accessory to a series integrated, OEM product through relationship building and contract development with global OEMs.
* In the first 6 months, focus on growing and maintaining a strong relationship with the Company's
existing OEM customer. With upcoming public launch and roll--out, this individual will ensure that
the relationship with this OEM customer continues to grow and deepen.
* After the first OEM launch is successful, transition to growing relationships with new OEMs to
transition more OEMs to the Plugless product line.
* Lead the day--to--day relationship with OEM customers including necessary phone calls and visits.
* Coordinate other Evatran resources, as necessary, to support the OEM customer(s). These other
resources may include sales, marketing, customer care, engineering, and production resources.
* Assist in the responses to OEM inquiries including RFPs and proposals.
* This individual may grow a team of OEM relationship managers, depending on the development of
* FIRST in the world to launch field trial of wireless EV charging prototypes (2012) - captured over
100K hours from Google, Hertz, SAP, Clemson, etc.
* FIRST in the world to receive a third--party safety certification for a wireless EV charging system and
pass FCC requirements (2014)
* FIRST in the world to launch production wireless charging systems to individual EV drivers (2014)
that has already logged more than 600k successful charging hours in homes across the USA and
* FIRST in the world to receive a production endorsement from a major OEM (2016)
Today, Plugless is years ahead solving for the plug. Tomorrow, the technology will charge your EV while
you drive. So join us. And help create the everyday fossil fuel vehicle alternative. Charge On.
If you have the experience and passion to successfully lead this challenge we'd love to talk to you today! Please forward your resume with cover letter detailing your relatable experience to our Talent Acquisition team for immediate consideration.