Director of Operations 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for overseeing management of all areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured and delivered on schedule within quality standards and objectives.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES (TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Assists company officers and senior staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
* Directs Engineering Services and Production Engineering activities.
* Develops the manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
* Achieves optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
* Acts as liaison with Marketing to provide material, labor, and overheads costs for products required to calculate company pricing objectives for current and legacy equipment.
* Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
* Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies, and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
* Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
* Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
* Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g. training, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
* Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g. plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
* Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
* At least ten years DIRECT manufacturing, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry. A minimum of five years of experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer.
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
* Strong knowledge and developed skills in inventory control methods MRP/ERP Data/Document Control systems.
* Quality System knowledge ISO/9000, GMP, FAA, PMA.
* Skills and knowledge of Infor Syteline software and strong computer aptitude.
* Manufacturing skills and training in Lean manufacturing JIT techniques, 5S, Supply Chain Management, and RCA (Root Cause Analysis).
* Must have well developed time management skills discipline in meeting schedules and deadlines, and prompt response regimen.
* Work history to reflect stability, dedication, loyalty and professional growth.
* Proven organizational skills, including scheduling, planning, and coordinating details.
* Strategic selling skills.
* Interpersonal skills, including motivation, training, morale boosting and art of persuasion.
* Must be tenacious and aggressive, yet cheerful and empathetic with the objectives of both the customer and the company.
* Experience working with manufacturing based technology, processes and principles preferred.
* Technical knowledge of solid-state power conversion techniques and equipment is a desired but not mandatory requirement.
* Application knowledge of marine and/or aircraft related products is a desired but not mandatory requirement.