Director of Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Our customer is one of the world's leading manufacturer of automotive components. This world class firm designs, develops and manufactures a broad range of products for both the OEM and aftermarket segments. This company is offering great compensation, benefits packages and substantial future career growth.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS JOB SUMMARY:
Plans, develops and implements activities in a multi-plant function to meet production goals, quality and cost objectives, to include management of exempt and nonexempt associates involved in production, assembly, subassembly or fabrication operations.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Leads team of Plant Managers to develop aggressive goals, striving for continuous improvement in the areas of cost, safety, and quality.
* Direct the development and implementation of policies and procedures, including workforcerequirements, capital expenditure requirements, plant, equipment and facilities replacement/expansion.
* Profitably lead manufacturing through direction of efforts around capacity requirements and efficiencies ensuring an emphasis on improving methods and quality, while controlling operational costs.
* Identify, lead and develop talent in order to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness to meet company goals.
* Plans and directs procedures and budgets; makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor.
* Overall responsibility for planning, budgeting, implementing and maintaining costs, quality, methods, delivery requirements, and associates in multi plants.
* Bachelordegreerequired; Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations preferred
* A minimum of five (5) years related experience at a Director or higher level leadership position.10+ years of related experience in automotive manufacturing.
* Proven business results of improving operational performance in multiple locations.
* Demonstrated competency in lean manufacturing and/or continuous improvement tools.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
* Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making.
* Must have a hands-on-mindset, be comfortable working within a matrix organization and willing to travel in support of production projects.