Director of Operations 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DUTIES FOR DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS:
1. Management of the company safety program:
* Supervise and document employee training.
* Investigate and record incidence of any injury.
* Ensure compliance with Cal OSHA regulations.
* Evaluate and enforce compliance with employee/subcontractor company safety policy.
2. Management of field operations:
* Supervise Superintendents to ensure proper scheduling, work coordination, extra work items, and client relations.
* Oversee projects to ensure the projects are constructed properly and to the customer's satisfaction. Identify and ensure the proper employment of manpower, equipment, and materials. Watch job progress and productivity by having daily interactions with the superintendents, dispatcher and job site foremen. Review production and job performance.
* Ensure communication between the field employees and project management to identify any changes in scope or differing field conditions that impact production.
* Oversee monthly job cost and billing to ensure any problem jobs are identified.
3. Yard operations:
* Work with yard supervisor to ensure proper yard maintenance and that facility being maintained and in compliance with regulations.
* Observe yard personnel and coordinate with yard supervisor and dispatcher to ensure yard personnel is keeping busy and not being utilized to compensate for poor planning or for the convenience of others.
* Evaluate current inventory and ensure proper levels of inventory are being kept and material that returns from jobs gets properly stored or returned.
4. Equipment maintenance:
Work with the lead mechanic to ensure equipment is in good repair and being serviced regularly.
Generate and review repair budgets to ensure quality cost efficient repairs.
Bachelor's degree in a construction related field or equivalent experience. Have a minimum five years' experience in underground construction. Understand pipeline materials and construction methods.