Director of Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Director of Operations assists in the overall management responsibility for the operation of the hotel including associate relations, guest service, profitability, product quality, and compliance to Omni standards.
* Works closely with the other Executive Committee members to insure all financial, service standards and employee relation goals are met.
* Participates in the hiring, training, scheduling, reviewing and disciplining of all staff with the support of their operations management team.
* Coordinates, supervises and directs all aspects of the operation with the support of department heads and assistant managers.
* Ensures that guest service standards are met and developed to maintain consistent levels of excellent guest service.
* Directs property operation in General Manager's absence.
* Maintains close communication with the Managing Director and other department/division heads.
* Recommends programs for the motivation and development of staff.
* Assists in developing annual budget and action plans, including annual objectives.
* Reviews daily operating results and weekly forecasting and scheduling, taking immediate corrective action if required.
* Conducts daily review of Rooms Division hotel operations with Department Heads.
* Attends hotel operational meetings, room s departmental meetings, and associate-related events.
* Reviews annual objectives composed by department heads and monitors progress to completion over coming year.
* Minimum of 5 years of Hotel Management Experience in a 4 Diamond hotel/resort environment.
* Background in Food and Beverage Operations
* Exceptional management skills with a proven track record in mentoring/leading a successful team.
* Ability to budget and forecast productivities and direct expenses.
* Ability to establish and maintain relationships with vendors, community and organizations.
* Excellent technical skills to include MS Office, PMS system Opera, Dephi and Oracle.
* College degree in hotel & restaurant management, or equivalent.
* Flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
* Must be detail oriented, extremely organized and punctual.
* Must be professionally polished.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: