Director of Operations 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PURPOSE STATEMENT:
The Operations Director will research, analyze, design, and implement methods to improve logistical needs. This may include evaluating specific processes including methods and turnaround or options for transporting goods. The utilization of financial models to assess the cost-effectiveness and efficiency and the ability to present these findings with alternative methods are required. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
* Collaborate with internal and external personnel for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services.
* Directs department operations (budgeting, safety, preventive maintenance, etc) for the purpose of providing services with established time frames and in compliance with related requirements.
* Performs personnel functions (interviewing, evaluating, supervising, counseling, directing, training, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of personnel and achieving department objectives within the established budget.
* Provides detailed data to executive management on an ad hoc basis.
* Mentor drivers as needed by setting clear expectations regarding safety, compliance, and on-time performance.
* Provide exceptional customer service to our drivers and customers
* Responds to emergency situations during and after standard business hours for the purpose of resolving immediate delivery and safety concerns.
* Education - A Bachelor's Degree or better in a related field
* Experience - Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required
* Knowledge of TMW, AS400, Logistics Software, and PeopleNet is a plus
* Computer skills with the ability to learn new software quickly
* Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
We offer our colleagues excellent compensation with GROWTH POTENTIAL and a pleasant working environment. Also, all full-time employees are eligible for our 401(k) Plan, Life Insurance, and full benefit packages after 90 days.
Job Type: Full-time
* Youngstown, OH