Director of Operations and Access, Patient Transfer Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 09375-84052
Under the direction of the VP of Emergency and Trauma Services, directs the development and implementation of the strategic, quality, growth and operational processes that support the effective transfer/transport of patients from HCA and non-HCA facilities into and out of HCA North Texas Division facilities. Establishes a market/division focused strategy for transfer/transport of patients that enables growth and competitive advantage. Under the direction of division and facility leadership, acts as the liaison with referring facilities/vendors to facilitate quality, process improvement and division initiatives. Acts as a partner to division and facility leadership demonstrating strong sense of ownership of all improvement efforts related to transfer/transport of patients. Provides leadership and direction in determining and accessing needed data and ensures ongoing reporting of identified metrics. Facilitates the resolution of issues and roadblocks to the progress of the initiative. Establishes and executes regular systems for communicating the progress and results to stakeholders. Serves as the division s liaison to corporate departments and professionals focused on related efforts and integrates division efforts with corporate initiatives.
* Analyzes all aspects of transfer/transport center operations for potential improvement opportunities. Designs and recommends processes, systems, procedures, and operational changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Identifies and communicates potential business opportunities.
* Works with facility executive, medical and nursing leadership and the sales team to promote inbound transfer volume growth and competitive advantage through development of strategic, differentiating strategies.
* Works with the division and hospital management, departmental and interdepartmental staff and Physicians in identifying operational problems and inefficiencies, assists in the development and evaluation of alternatives and solutions, and assists in the establishment of action plans for improvement.
* Serves as the transfer/transport process improvement advisor and analyst to hospital management and teams. Serves as the vehicle to search out and disseminate company and division transfer/transport center best process/practice.
* Works in partnership with VP of Emergency and Trauma Services and Management Engineers on the use of process improvement tools and techniques, analytical techniques, and statistical applications. Serves as the division coordinator/facilitator of transfer/transport center initiatives. Assures that improvement processes are implemented and audited.
* Serves as the liaison/facilitator of communication with any vendors providing transfer/transport services regarding vision, specific goals and objectives for initiatives and guides the efforts of the vendor team toward these goals.
* 3 - 7 years in healthcare leadership
* Director level experience preferred
* Masters Degree in Healthcare or related field
Last Edited: 09/15/2016