Director of Organizational Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONHuge International Company in midtown NYC seeking Director of Organizational Development
This position is responsible for planning and implementing organization effectiveness strategies to help ensure business and functional groups meet their business objectives. The initial scope of the role includes performance management, learning solutions, designing training curriculum, and leadership development. The positon's scope will soon expand to include change management, workforce development, leading succession planning, development and execution of talent management strategies, and organizational consultation for individual/organizational analytics and problem solving.
In addition, this individual will participate in global Organizational Development initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with senior business leaders and HRBP's , on organizational diagnosis and design including building appropriate action/change plans. The role's particular focus will be to create and build an internal organizational development consulting capabilities within assigned businesses and directly deliver OD consulting for these businesses.
- He / she plays a critical role in setting up change management capabilities, ensuring HRBPs and business leaders have the necessary tools and consulting advice to design comprehensive change plans.
This role will participate and contribute to the Workforce Planning and Talent Management discussions as a way to facilitate the identification of organizational capabilities required to ensure a medium -long term successful implementation of the business strategy.
Design and implement executive development processes for mid and senior leaders. Be an internal resource for HRBP's in OD activities.
- Challenges status quo providing an external perspective that triggers HR innovation.
- OD project execution at Local, regional and global levels. Works at the business head level, in partnership with HR Business Partners. Partners with external consulting firms and vendors in the execution of projects if needed.
- Creation of development programs to build HRBP skills in organizational diagnosis, design, and development.
The individual must have broad experience in leadership development, talent management, and learning and organizational change management. In addition, it will be this individual's responsibility to build strong relationships with business leaders across the firm and work collaboratively with the HR community. Coaching and mentoring team members is a required competency.
Additional critical areas of focus are the development of HRBP's strategic competencies, as well as the continuous benchmark of HR and change management practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, OD, Psychology, Business Administration or related field. Master's Degree Preferred.
10 -15 years of internal corporate OD experience, in a multi-country or global environment. External consulting experiences a plus.
- Proven ability to interact and appropriately influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ethics and Values: Models ethical behavior, respect for human differences, life-long learning, "self-renewal ability" of individuals and organizations, and uses values to shape OD practice.
- Deep expertise in process consultation and facilitation. Able to facilitate both interpersonal work and group work.
- Extensive exposure to senior leaders and significant experience in influencing executive and developing skills of senior leaders (5-10 years)
- High degree of learning agility, including self-awareness, mental (problem solving), people, change and results agility
- Technical OD Expertise: In-depth knowledge of specific intervention methodologies including
- Large-scale system change
- Experience with SuccessFactors is a plus
- Organization Design
- Change competencies, change techniques and methods
- Evaluation and metrics
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis capability: Able to see the big picture of an organizational system, understands the context of organizations' functions, and has strong diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build business cases and recommend sound, actionable solutions.
- Intercultural awareness required due to the international scope of the role. Previous international experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel.
- Global networking skills and strong networking skills
- Platform skills