Director of Perioperative Services - Registered Nurse 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Phenomenal Opportunity for Director of Perioperative Services (Registered Nurse) with Career Growth, Excellent Pay and 30% Annual Bonus. This opportunity is for a leading health system in Houston, Texas.
The Director will be responsible for the Main OR and PACU. The Director will also be instrumental in continuing to expand the services as well as be a change agent for the patient experience.
Excellent Pay, Benefits, 30% Bonus. Total Compensation $150 K Plus. Relocation is available.
- BSN, Master's DegreePreferred
- 5+ Years of Perioperative Director Experience in the Acute Care Setting
- Progressive Clinical Leadership Experience
1. Monitors and directs all patient care activities. Responsible for directing clinical and non-clinical personnel. Reviews and approves all new hires, establishes and controls standards for performance appraisals. Identifies staffing needs of the department and provides for accordingly. Coordinates in-service/training needs of staff with Staff Development department. Remains available, accessible and visible to staff. Recognizes staff's achievements and accomplishments and provides ongoing feedback on performance.
2. Establishes scope of service, goals and develops strategic plan for the department. Stays up-to-date on new developments in the field and incorporates such in the department's scope of service. Reviews departmental policies, procedures, and systems. Complies with all applicable regulatory requirements and standards. Conducts appropriate department promotional activities and participates in hospital marketing activities.
3. Assures that revenue, expenses, contribution margin and FTE's meet or exceed budget. Prepares and submits budget and related reports. Forecasts and accurately projects expenses. Takes corrective action to address negative variances. Identifies and proposes capital budget items appropriately.
4. Promotes physician input and communication; includes medical staff in planning new or revised policies, procedures and services. Provides rapid response and follow-up to medical staff issues/concerns; greets new physicians and orients them to the department services; seeks new ways to encourage new physicians to utilize our hospital services.
5. Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
6. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency. Supports department-based goals, which contribute to the success of the organization. Serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.