Director of Physician Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 5/17/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 20796-47933
JOB TITLE: HCA Physician Services, Director of Development
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Supports the implementation of the strategic goals and objectives for Physician Services. Position manages the growth and expansion of business development for physician practice partnerships and acquisitions. Position oversees practice acquisitions, practice analysis and valuation, and strategic planning for network expansion and growth, divestitures, physician mergers, employment and recruiting contracting process. Position coordinates, negotiates, and manages the entire approval processes with all key personnel for final signature approvals. Consulting in areas of practice front office and back office operations and in ambulatory surgical centers occurs on contracted basis.
SUPERVISOR Division Vice-President of Operations and VP of Development.
SUPERVISES - Development & Acquisitions Support Staff, outside legal counsel, and valuation firms.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Manages employees through subordinates, usually other managers and support personnel. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources and assesses policies for direct subordinates.
* Develops department goals and objectives, and establishes and implements policies and procedure for department operation.
* Assists in development and coordination of the operating budget and ensures that the department operates within the budget.
* Directs the preparation and maintenance of department reports. Prepare periodic reports for top management, as required.
* Develops and plans programs and strategies for corporate growth and structure.
* Coordinates and communicates the corporate regulatory/legal framework and ensures that all acquisitions and divestitures meet the standards provided.
* Identifies and evaluates trends in healthcare, local conditions, economic conditions and competitive institutions and develops strategies to respond to these trends.
* Reviews legislation affecting the physician services partnership development, competition and planning.
* Works with executive, medical and hospital staff to explain and get commitment to strategic goals.
* Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
* Participates in Group/Divisional, hospital/medical staff meetings as required. Attends and serves on professional/civic service organizations as a representative of the company.
* Initiates specific plans and programs for new business development in each division s marketing area; negotiates contract terms and business relationships for appropriate approval.
* Functions as an intermediary/representative in negotiating issues for Physician Services and/or the Hospital/Division.
* Monitors compliance to the guidelines and affiliation agreements as they relate to physician practice/hospital partnerships.
* Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement .
A Master s degree in business or healthcare is required. Strong financial background is required. Knowledge in Fair Market Valuation Theory is required. CPA and legal background is a plus.
Five years of progressively responsible healthcare management experience in senior level management, with emphasis on physician relations in the areas of practice operations, hospital operations, merger and acquisition and divestiture, in addition to experience with MSOs/PHOs/IPAs, physician practice management or managed care organizations.
Last Edited: 09/13/2016