Director of Physician Transition
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Palm Harbor, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 20784-50944
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). PSG operates more than 750 practices, Urgent Care Facilities, and partners with HCA s 165 hospitals to structure employed provider programs, professional service agreements, and joint ventures that offer the communities we serve high quality, cost effective care. We manage a collection of highly motivated and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career.
The Director of Physician Transition works with Director of Operations and Market Managers, to recruit, orchestrate contracting process, and coordinate acquisition of newly employed practices. Functions as a member of the executive team to develop marketing and business development strategies of the physician community to improve the acquisition process. Creates Acquisition Concept Form (ACF), Lease Terms Approval Form (LTAF), and Employment Agreements (EA). Provides and reviews assessments and identifies barriers to the acquisition processes. Ensures physician communication and expectations are clearly defined. Assists in organizing and providing practices with updates on their progress in process completion and acts as a liaison with practices following employment. Performs compensation modeling and develops financial proformas for Division/Group level review.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Maintaining positive relationships with Division/Hospital Leadership, HCAPS and community physicians on the opportunities that exist for possible HCAPS employment.
2. Identifying and establishing relationships with potential physicians and physician practices for hire or acquisition.
3. Manage the data collection and analysis efforts of the outreach team.
4. Perform compensation modeling analysis in order to make recommendations on offers to targeted physicians.
5. Monitor and recommend next steps as physician acquisitions and/or employment process moves forward
6. Attend negotiation meetings with physicians as requested by DVP / DOO, prepare documents as required in order to explain deal points to the physicians.
7. Reporting to the Group/Division leadership team on efforts, progress, and barriers to success; recommending and implementing solutions to improve the outreach efforts.
8. Designing and redesigning processes to ensure success of the outreach/physician liaison team to support the overall strategic goals of developing and maintaining the West Florida Network and its growth objectives.
9. Create budget practice proformas for Division President/CFO and Group review.
10. Develop and review acquisition/employment agreements in Project Action Workflow System (PAWS) and Upside to insure they adhere to the negotiated terms as agreed to with the physician(s).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
Knowledge of organizational and personnel management
Knowledge of health care administration systems.
Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements for physician practice operations.
Knowledge of medical practice computer systems and applications.
Skill in planning, organizing and supervising.
Skill in communicating effectively with physicians, administrative staff, internal customers and external
Skill in developing financial forecasts and other related reports.
Ability to analyze and interpret complex data.
Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Ability to complete goals through project/team management.
EDUCATION Bachelor s degree in Health or Business Administration or related field. Master s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE Two to five years of healthcare or health-related experience. Experience in the following areas is preferred: physician practice management, support service operations; project management experience is preferred.
Last Edited: 08/30/2016