Director of Planning and Execution
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONTapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Director of Planning and Execution
Directs, develops and motivates multiple levels of managers and employees. Evaluates multiple levels of managers and employees deploying processes, policies and procedures and other activities to support Tapestry s Planning & Execution (P&E) Systems Directorate. P&E comprises our portfolio of primarily custom software development and sustainment for U.S. Transportation Command and Air Mobility Command. This Director leads the organization's effort to develop and improve a division or function through efficient and effective integrated processes, implementing common management processes/services to leverage organization resources. Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Acquires resources for organizational activities, and leads process improvements. Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, business partners and direct reports. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources. Directs review of cost and service structures, productivity measures and delivery methods to achieve planned ROI and planned targets. Leads planning and integration activities for profit and loss stand-alone support program(s) or major support business/program element where business needs dictate. Applies technical knowledge of product support/logistics disciplines and Program Management Best Practices to direct program activities.
* Develops organizational, business and technical strategies, goals, objectives and related metrics to ensure alignment with Company vision/strategy. Measures progress to plan. Holds leadership team accountable for achieving goals.
* Applies in-depth understanding of budget management principles and practices to develop and administer program or operating budgets. Ensures work statement is completed on schedule and budget.
* Establishes partnerships and relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders, peers, and direct reports. Builds strategic partnerships with external agencies and organizations to advance Tapestry s position on key issues.
* Develops program or operational plans aligned to department's objectives. Implements plans to ensure business, technical and customer requirements are achieved. Assigns authority and responsibilities to employees to execute the plan. Reviews plans' execution, makes appropriate adjustments, and resolves issues. Monitors appropriate metrics to ensure performance to plan.
* Coaches, counsels, mentors and provides developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities. Provides on-going developmental feedback. Recognizes contributions of individuals and teams to improve employee satisfaction and retain a skilled and motivated workforce.
* Identifies opportunities to improve work-related products and processes within own workgroup, program or process. Engages and empowers employees to make process improvements.
* Conveys organizational messages to facilitate the accomplishment of workgroup, program or process goals. Proactively communicates with employees, peers (e.g., fellow first-level managers) and customers. Keeps others informed by communicating program status, conducting and participating in team meetings, providing presentations and listening to employee concerns and suggestions. Builds organizational culture that values open and honest communication and inclusion. Communicates policies and directives to enhance employee awareness of expectations.
* Systematically evaluates proper job classification of employees, sets employee goals and objectives, manages and evaluates performance to plan on a reoccurring basis. Assigns employee salaries based on employee value and Company guidelines to provide a fair and equitable work environment.
* Implements policies, procedures and documents to ensure consistent execution of processes within workgroup in support of Company and regulatory requirements. Enforces company rules and policies regarding ethical behavior, safety, security, use of company property, time charging, etc.
* Forecasts resource needs and obtains and manages personnel, facilities, services, equipment and tools to meet program and daily operating requirements. Acquires, deploys and schedules personnel to meet program and operational objectives. Reviews, approves and implements facility, equipment and service plans to maximize productivity and ensure safety, security, environmental and regulatory compliance. Coordinates with providers to achieve timely delivery of resources.
* Provides technical direction and guidance to others regarding approved processes, tools, technology and skills for own programs or processes. Ensures workgroup products or processes meet customer, company, quality, industry and regulatory requirements. Provides approval of workgroup technical approaches, products and processes.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience managing large programs focused on custom software development strongly desired. Experience supporting USTRANSCOM, Air Mobility Command, and foreign military programs desired. Preferred working location is Swansea, Illinois.