Director of Plant Engineering and Maintenance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is a leading manufacturer of forged steel wheels and axles for freight railcars, locomotives, and passenger railcars. It is the only producer of forged steel wheels for railcars and locomotives in North America. With revenues over $230 million, our client has been in existence since 1795 and is one of the longest continuously operating forging operations in the United States.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
They are seeking a Director of Plant Engineering and Maintenance (Director). The Director will report to the Executive Vice President and other designees to direct, develop, implement, and manage the Company's plant engineering and maintenance activities. They will be responsible for overseeing a total preventive maintenance program that minimizes unplanned equipment downtime. The candidate will have significant manufacturing and operational experience as well as a strong history of improving equipment performance, employee safety, production quality, manufacturing efficiency, operating costs, equipment reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, and managing capital projects.
The Director will establish, lead, and manage a team of approximately eleven maintenance managers/supervisors, eight engineers, and close to one hundred and fifty union employees. The incumbent must be an effective communicator and have superlative organization skills, as well as the flexibility to work in a fast-paced, manufacturing union environment. Moreover, they will actively promote the best technical practices across the company and develop, report, and analyze key plant/equipment performance indicators as a means to drive and implement operational improvements and enhance equipment performance. They will manage and complete specific plant engineering projects to improve plant equipment performance, efficiency, and product quality.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN ENGINEERING IS REQUIRED.
* Capital project management experience is also required
* A minimum of ten to fifteen years of experience overseeing plant engineering department within a manufacturing/industrial environment
* Manage plant engineering, maintenance, and repair budgets. Maintain accurate spare parts inventory and assure appropriate replenishment processes
* Experience with Unions
* Develop and implement effective department-wide policies, processes, and procedures including plant-wide proactive preventative maintenance and asset optimization programs
* Develop, enhance, and maintain equipment documentation/training aids to include critical equipment operating conditions and parameters
* Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation
* General business knowledge
* Familiarity with financial statements and budgets
* High proficiency of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
* Comprehensive leadership skills
* Excellent communication skills (written and oral presentation, listening and comprehension skills)
* Ability to develop working relationships at all levels in the organization