Director of Practical Nursing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
* Interview and select nursing faculty who are qualified and contribute to the program and student outcomes.
* Supervise and evaluate program faculty including in-class reviews of each instructor.
* Provide evaluation and feedback to the program on course materials, current changes in practice, standards of practice, and student accomplishment of course and program outcomes.
* Provide leadership within the faculty for the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of the Practical Nursing Program curriculum plan and course content in accordance with program standards and student and University needs.
* Oversee the admission, academic progression and graduation of students.
* Evaluate student progress and competency based on program philosophy and objectives.
* Prepare reports necessary for continued approval or accreditation of the Practical Nursing Program.
* Evaluate and recommend textbooks, reference books and other teaching materials.
* Orient new faculty to policies and procedures of the University and Program. Plan and lead Program Advisory Board meetings.
* Seek new clinical agencies/facilities as needed to provide quality experiences for students and support program growth.
* Assist faculty by providing evaluation devices of student learning and clinical experience to measure progress and competency based on program philosophy and objectives.
* Schedule visits to clinical sites to observe faculty and students at work.
* Direct activities of the faculty to insure educational continuity.
* Create and maintain an environment conducive to teaching and learning.
* Participate in academic advisement and counseling of students.
* Provide opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of curriculum, teaching and program effectiveness.
* Develop, implement, and evaluate the mission, philosophy, program objectives, program outcomes, course outcomes, and systematic evaluation plan on a regular basis.
* Plans Capping and Pinning ceremonies and attends graduation and other University/Campus events.
* Maintains professional qualifications through participation in continuing education programs and academic courses.
* Encourages professional development of staff and faculty through participation in continuing education programs and academic courses.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) Degree required.
* Current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina required.
* Minimum of two years of experience in nursing service or nursing education as a registered nurse which enables the individual to provide leadership and assume the other responsibilities of the position.
* Minimum of two calendar years prior full-time employment or the equivalent in clinical nursing practice as a registered nurse or advanced practice nurse.
* Two years of full-time experience as a faculty member in an approved nursing program.
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is an Equal Opportunity Employer