Director of Procurement Projects 8/31/2016
The Sterling Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
The Director, Procurement Projects is responsible for representing procurement in planning, reviewing and execution of procurement activities required by Value Analysis/Value Engineering, new product introduction, and other key projects. The DPP will ensure project plans are aligned with procurement strategy, establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders, and drive projects to completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
_List the essential functions that are core to this position and represent at least 5% of the incumbent's time. Other duties may be assigned beyond the core functions listed below._
Provide leadership of integration activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation of VAVE and other key projects. Empowered to commit Procurement resources.
Facilitate and ensure completion of Procurement actions related these projects. Be the gate-keeper and initial point of contact for any new projects requiring Procurement involvement.
Aggressively manage supply chain risks in VAVE and Program Management projects.
Identify strategic and procurement improvements and make strategic recommendations to leadership.
Functions as an individual contributor with no direct supervisory responsibilities.
_To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required._
* 10+ years of progressive supply chain, engineering, operations, or project management experience
* Bachelor of Science required; MBA preferred
* Ability to effectively handle conflict through proactive action and direct and timely communication
* Proven expertise in change and project management methodologies in a matrixed organization
* Demonstrated attention to detail and experience to check behind the scenes to ensure surprises are minimized
* Experience in New Product Development programs
* Strong analytical skills and business acumen
* Ability to travel up to 25% of time
* Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate across functional and multicultural lines
* Collaboration and influence management skills
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft, project management, and supply chain systems
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate