Director of Procurement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently seeking a Director of Procurement to join the team as a member of our growing Seattle team.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm's innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,000 professional staff and trades people throughout the United States and operations in more than 15 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability "For The Life of Your Building." For more information, visit www.mckinstry.com.
This person will be responsible for:
Direct Purchasing Operations and Processes
* Determine the best ways to minimize procurement expenses without compromising quality or reliability of products and services.
* Devise and employ fruitful sourcing strategies.
* Identify and build partnerships with suppliers.
* Negotiate with external vendors to develop a supply chain that provides the best quality, price and availability of goods, raw materials, equipment, supplies, and services.
* Partner with legal and other stakeholder teams to create and execute contracts.
* Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services.
* Manage key vendor relationships.
* Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts.
* Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements.
* Define, track and report key functional metrics or KPIs based on purchasing strategy to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
* Collaborate with key persons to develop and ensure the clarity of purchasing strategy across the company.
* Adjust purchasing strategy and budget as needed based on changes in company s business and/or the external economic marketplace.
* Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
* Collaborate with Business Unit Purchasing to ensure unified purchasing strategy that best maximizes cost efficiencies, price leverage, and quality.
* Oversee enterprise purchasing strategy and may share matrixed management with purchasing functions within Business Units.
* Centralize Purchasing signature and compliance authority for purchases.
* Standardize RFP s for Mechanical and Electrical subcontracts and purchases; perform due diligence on bids, consult with key stakeholders (PM, CM, BUM, Legal) in subcontract selections, record bid pricing information.
* Direct purchasing of Mechanical and Electrical Commodities and Equipment leverage annual buying agreements to secure premium pricing and create vision for digital connection of commodities pricing across departments.
* Manage construction tools purchases and rental equipment - create annual agreements and connecting a purchasing digital environment with the tools inventory and management system.
* May directly manage one or more direct reports.
* Trains, coaches and manages direct reports.
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* 7+ years of sourcing/procurement management experience required.
* Bachelor s Degree in Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or other relevant degree area required; Master s degree preferred.
* Experience with P&L responsibility with thorough knowledge of accounting and financial management required.
* Ability to think critically and evaluate buying trends and buying strategies required.
* Demonstrated experience in negotiating contracts and pricing with favorable outcomes required.
* Experience with construction or manufacturing preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Ability and willingness to travel.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind..