Director of Product Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Director of Product Management will work with Product Managers and serve as the key leader for the company's vendors. The Director of Product Management will develop relationships with suppliers and assist in negotiations. The Director of Product Management will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities for our flooring products and will craft the messaging and positioning for products. You'll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. In your role as Director of Product Management you will be the expert in buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the saleschannel.
. Principal Activities and Results:
Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market. Sales enablement - communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products. Product launch - plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan. Market intelligence - be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them. Demand generation - develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for your products.
* The President/CEO, Executive Vice President and Director - Product Management share in the overall Marketing strategy
* Hands-on management of the product life-cycle - from market research and requirements gathering, to iterative solution development, planning, execution, releaseand feedback collection.
* Work with Product managers and be the Key Leader for the Department in regard to Vendors.
* Executescontracts and new vendor agreements.
* Work collaboratively with Product Managers to help define ashared vision and roadmap for delivering relevant problem-solving products.
* Responsible for the overall execution of products through varioussaleschannels.
* Build, maintain, and evolveproduct roadmaps over time.
* Research and develop emerging customer needs and market conditions in order to design potential new product offerings and manage the strategic decision-making process.
* Understand and document competitivetechnologyfor Marketing/Product Management.
* Translate business and operational needs into detailed requirements, use cases and prototypes.
* Build strong relationships with clients andinternal stakeholders in order to understand the overall vision.
* Ensure that business owners can speak in one voice about product development planand advocate for production improvements.
* Company representative in industry standards activities andotherinitiatives.
* Development of pricing strategies to maximize profits, achieve margin and fee targets.
* Collaborate with the Director of Marketing (pricing, processes and communication)on bringing programs to market.
* Managessales and margin of productportfolioand suppliers.
* Responsible for the development of overall private label &masterdistributionprogram including analysis, recommendations, sourcing etc.
* Manages themerchandising process and relatedmarketingbudgets.
* External communication ofmarketinginitiatives including print, web, branding.
* Ensures new products and services are properly launched.
* Develops processes for the Marketing Department as assigned, such as new product launch checklist.
* Performs typical product management duties such as identification of opportunities andthreats, overall product plan, pricing plans, cross product value packages, segmentation plans,
* Developsmarketing plans for manufacturers.
* Works in conjunction with the Director of Product and Product Managers on competitor analyses for assigned products and suppliers.
* Manages supplier relationships.
* Coordinates externalmarketing communications programs across the department.
* Assists in the coordination and planning for Hainesevents, trips, and customer outings.
* Assists in the development of innovativemarketingcommunications for all products.
* Sets direction for and managesmarketingspecialists support team.
* Achieves ourmarketing andfinancial goals through Product Managers.
* Co-designsmarketing strategy and productmarketinggoals.
* Loyalty Club leadership.
* Assist in negotiation where necessary