Director of Product Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
The Director of Product Management is a pivotal role in the Business Group that drives creation of solutions from idea to market. As the Director of Product Management, your primary responsibility will be to create and sustain a world-class product management organization. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, the drive to make vision a reality, and the desire to invest in the development of the individuals on your team.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with engineering, user experience, program management, and professional services counterparts to define portfolio release requirements and execution strategies. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the portfolio positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also support product marketing as an internal and external evangelist for the portfolio, while also working with the direct sales team, sales channel and key customers.
Key Responsibilities of this role includes:
Lead, define and communicate portfolio strategy in line with the businesses goals.
Create revenue and profitability forecasts & continuously drive actions to meet and exceed the numbers.
Synthesize ideas on strategy, planning and execution to identify new market opportunities & create next generation of products. Building consensus and driving execution.
Manage a team of Product Managers to drive agile execution of new product launches. Develop a strong understanding of stakeholders to drive decisions.
Oversee the ongoing evolution of a solution oriented pricing strategy and competitive positioning
Evaluate market share, drive competitive analysis across the portfolio.
Act as portfolio evangelist both internally and externally.
Develop and manage relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
* Bachelor's Degree or above, preferably in engineering, with an MBA or relevant work experience
* 15+ years experience with a combination of Product Management, product development, product marketing roles in a software solutions oriented business. Experience in a B2B SaaS company will be an advantage.
* Ability to conceptualize, negotiate and sell ideas internally and externally.
* Ability to implement concepts, ideas and plans while functioning in a flexible, constantly changing environment is absolutely necessary.
* Must be a strong collaborator, adept at building and leveraging relationships.
* Strong technical and product acumen that effectively balances strategic imperatives with tactical daily needs. Able to drive and make timely and effective decisions.
* Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products and features into intuitive concepts and graphics.
* Proven track record in a high-growth, entrepreneurial, and execution-oriented culture.
* Bachelor s Degree or above preferably in engineering with an MBA or relevant work experience * 15+ years experience with a combination of Product Management product development product marketing roles in a software solutions oriented business. Experience in a B2B SaaS company will be an advantage.