Director of Product Management, Data Management Platform
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONRESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This Product Management position will be a unifying force behind our Data Management Platform and shared Service for cloud and on-premise delivery. Partnering closely with our Technology Enablement & Delivery team, business leaders from our line of businesses, as well as the CTO technical leaders, you will distill feedback from product management, development, customers and prospects to help set the strategic vision and lead the execution of our data management platform initiative. This is an important and strategic role within the company, you will be a leader driving the culture of transparency and action as we move towards the next chapter in our company s future.
* DEVELOP, DELIVER AND DRIVE A SERVICES/PLATFORM STRATEGY AND ROADMAP - partner closely with business units, architecture, marketing and sales to define and deliver services that meet the needs of our information management solutions
* HIRE AND LEAD A TEAM OF TECHNICAL PRODUCT OWNERS ensuring the overall integrity of the platform vision is met through the definition and management of the services backlogs
* GATHER INPUTS FROM OUR INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL STAKEHOLDERS and synthesize them into a clear and justifiable set of product requirements that will drive the development of the scrum teams
* PARTNER WITH BUSINESS UNITS to deliver a cohesive cross-company platform strategy
* COMMUNICATE THE SHARED SERVICES/PLATFORM VISION, STRATEGY AND ROADMAP internally and externally at all organizational levels
* PARTNER WITH THE PM BUSINESS LEADERS TO DRIVE ALIGNMENT on the capabilities required for shared services and to determine the cross-company prioritization and backlog
* ASSURE SUCCESSFUL DELIVERY AND OPERATION of the developed shared services and monitor the overall usage and success of these, to ensure that future enhancements and prioritized effectively
* COLLABORATE AND PARTNER WITH OUR CTO & ARCHITECTS TO RESEARCH TECHNOLOGY VENDORS AND TRENDS to determine the opportunity and impact of the solutions and technology we are developing and identify potential partner and OEM opportunities
* PARTICIPATE AND SUPPORT THE OVERALL GOVERNANCE and approach to developing shared services throughout the organization
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
* 10+ YEARS OF HANDS-ON PRODUCT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE, PREFERABLY IN THE CLOUD (SAAS, IAAS, PAAS), INFORMATION/DATA MANAGEMENT OR RELATED FIELDS
* DIRECT EXPERIENCE IN A SHARED SERVICE CAPACITY, WHERE YOU DELIVERED PRODUCTS THAT REQUIRED CROSS-PRODUCT TEAM ALIGNMENT
* 5+ YEARS OF AGILE EXPERIENCE IN A TECHNOLOGY COMPANY AS A PRODUCT OWNER OR SCRUM MASTER
* MUST HAVE BSCS, BSEE OR EQUIVALENT MSCS OR MBA PREFERRED OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE IN A RELEVANT ROLE
* Experience with cloud platforms and technology such as OpenStack, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, and Cloud Foundry
* Experience strategic innovation, and developing and delivering disruptive incubation
* Proficient at building strong relationships with engineering and cross-functional development teams
* Strong customer-facings skill and ability to present product roadmaps and lead technical discussions
* Strong analytical and decision-making skills that can be applied in a fast moving environment
* Excellent communication skills and ability to synthesize and articulate complex concepts targeted at multiple audiences
* A history of delivering technology products and solutions to market that delight customers
* Possessing strong communication skills and enjoying spending time in the market with customers and partners to better understand their business issues. Can quickly build excellent rapport with internal and external users and technologists.
* Demonstrated team-building skills. Importantly, he or she will have the ability to motivate and guide people beyond the direct reporting structure, and will be able to impact the organization across a variety of functions.
* Standout dynamic personality in an environment of very bright, highly motivated, and very talented people.
* Willingness to travel approximately 15-20%.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.