Director of Product Management - Software
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client offers a comprehensive local marketing automation platform backed by 24/7 on-demand support. They help national and global brands capitalize on opportunities and local market conditions with brand-compliant, customized marketing across all media and formats. They have offices in five US cities, with Cleveland being their largest and they serve nearly 200 of the world's leading brands.
The Director of Product Management is a newly created position that will play a crucial role in guiding the design, testing, release management, and implementation of our client's software products. The successful candidate will have at least five direct reports and their teams to manage, and drive the use of an Agile focused methodology for product management, quality assurance, and delivery to clients / users. This role will interface heavily with other company leaders in Sales & Marketing, Software Development, Client Success, and Executive Management. You will ultimately be responsible for the creating and managing the current and future product roadmap, release schedule, and justifying tough decisions on feature timing. This is an exciting opportunity with a well established software company in Northeast Ohio!
* Lead and manage the following teams: Product Management, User Interface/Experience Design, Quality Assurance, Release Operations and Technical Operations.
* Oversee the development and communication of a product strategy that complements our client's strategic objectives.
* Works closely with product stakeholders to define business level requirements (feature requests) for internal or client enhancements including thorough definition of problem statement, business case and financial impact of the request.
* Manage prioritization processes including new requests, facilitating scoping sessions and organizing the parking lot.
* Demonstrate enhancements to the organization and customers to gather feedback for future releases.
* Set measurement criteria and evaluation mechanisms for each feature delivery to determine success (usefulness and value).
* Work closely with software development leadership to sync targeted delivery phases with planning deliverables.
* Work within, contribute to, and promote the organization's software development practices.
* Manage the execution of predictable software releases based on the defined product strategy and delivery objectives.
* Implement planned release schedules with internal teams and communicate schedules (changes) internally, as needed.
* Ensure consistent delivery of detailed product documentation to key internal constituents as well as clients
* Organize and facilitate release retrospectives focusing on continuous improvement and compliance with release metrics.
* Proven Software Product Management experience.
* Strong project management skills. Preferred experience in implementing and/or helping a company transition to an Agile methodology.
* Demonstrated commitment to mentoring, coaching, and leadership.
* Strong communication, collaboration, feedback, and facilitation skills.
* Demonstrated mature judgment in a leadership role.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills.
* Capability to develop and maintain an effective network of relationships across all teams.
* Ability to think and plan long-term, but execute in the short-term.
* Experience in defining process and procedures to manage the release cycle for both Major feature releases and cycles of Minor Releases.
* Experience working in cross-functional, multi-location teams.
* Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within a deadline-driven environment.
* Minimum of an Undergraduate degree required.
* Minimum of 4-6 years experience in a Software Product Management role preferred.