Director of Product Strategy (Medicare) 9/13/2016
Tufts Health Plan
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Director is responsible for facilitating, coordinating and leading strategic analysis, planning, and overseeing implementation of product, service and business offerings for the Senior Products Division. This includes optimization of current offerings and that of new products, services and markets and leading cross functional teams at all levels in those efforts.
* Develop and manage a multi-year product strategy that delivers high value to our consumers, providers and our company
* Optimize financial performance of existing product portfolio
* Lead the annual CMS Adjusted Community Rate (ACR) filing (process Jan-June). Includes planning, coordination of cross functional resources, profitability analysis, conducting consumer research, developing product strategy, and formulating benefit and pricing recommendations for the upcoming year. Develop implementation plan.
* Facilitate SCO product performance across functions -- leading SCO Leadership Team
Development of Multi-year Growth Initiative Pipeline
* New products/benefits/services/programs
* Distribution partnerships
* Market strategies (ie segmentation)
* Lead cross functional work to assess new markets and financial viability
* Administer consumer research in a variety of forms to answer key business questions
* Build and manage a central VOC repository accessible to the division
Oversee analysis and reporting as identified to support the division needs including ongoing competitor analysis.
Hire and supervise staff to support the above activities.
EDUCATION: (Minimum education & certifications required)
Bachelor's degree and 10+ years relevant experience- Masters degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: (Years of experience)
* Strong understanding of Medicare+Choice contracting, financing and strategy.
* Must have product development and planning experience in the managed care field, e.g., track record of successful product development and implementation.
* Must have strong financial and analytic skills.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization including senior executives.
* Must be able to organize and lead large cross-functional team to accomplish project objectives.
* Must be highly organized and capable of handling a multitude of projects at once.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
Highly complex position requiring strong planning, analytic, projects management, and communication skills. Must have superior leadership skill, and be able to work lead cross-functional team and interact at all levels of the organization.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
Fast paced office environment handling multiple demands. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment and decision making as necessary. May require occasional travel and some meetings off-site.
CONFIDENTIAL DATA: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled