Director of Production Engineering
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION ENGINEERING
The Director of Production Engineering is responsible for taking our history of operational excellence to the next level throughout company's production facilities, especially the local plant.
This position is an integral member of our senior leadership team which creates, articulates and leads the implementation of the company's strategic vision. Directly leads all Production Maintenance within plant with dotted line responsibility for Production Maintenance at the plant (and any future plants).
The Director of Production Engineering will: continually improve productivity and efficiency through the smart use of production equipment networking, equipment maintenance, process improvement and the introduction of new equipment/technology; ensure we continue to set the industry standard for productivity, quality, efficiency and cost; help us use technology, quality and overall operational excellence to maintain our competitive advantages to retain and win customers.
This position is responsible for the full people management of his/her team in our very fast paced environment. This is a hands-on leadership position that needs to balance strategic leadership with day to day activities. Accountability for productivity and quality will often require the incumbent to work side by side with his/her team to ensure these objectives are achieved.
* Partner with production management and line personnel to ensure the proper quantity and quality of product is ready to deliver to customers by minimizing downtime.
* Lead and develop the production and facilities maintenance teams to maintain/continue their high level of performance. Continue to grow this team in size and capability in order to support the Company's dynamic growth and strategic plan while maintaining a positive, respectful and accountable work environment.
* Increase productivity, quality and efficiency through research, benchmarking and brainstorming to critically assess ways to increase automation and simplify/streamline work processes.
* Foster and advance our culture of safety by ensuring that equipment & facilities are compliant with all OSHA, EPA and other regulatory policies, procedures and guidelines and are ergonomically designed to maximize safety and to minimize risk.
* Improve up-time for all production equipment via best-in-class preventative maintenance and inventory management systems. Design and guide efficient work flow layouts on the production floor.
* Report findings and alternative automation recommendations to the senior leadership team as necessary.
* Establish engineering control procedures to ensure instructions are understandable and ready for production.
* Make recommendations to replace aging equipment in order to maintain our competitive edge via operational excellence.
* Work with the senior leadership team to design and oversee facility upgrades, as well as, new construction.
* Oversee critical systems (i.e. compressed air system, steam generation & distribution system, process water system, waste water treatment, electricity usage, pneumatics, hydraulics and drainage system/sumps) and train others as needed in order to ensure maximum efficiency and compliance.
* Promotes an atmosphere of excellence, high sense of urgency, high energy, and exceptional communication with a commitment to doing things right the first time.
* Bachelor's degreerequired but Master's degree in Engineering, Business or similar disciplines is strongly preferred.
LeanSix Sigma Certification: Green Belt or Black Beltdesired.
* Five (5+) plus years of management experience in a production environment. Previous equipment maintenance responsibility is highly preferred.
* Savvy with technology including working knowledge of PLCs, networking and automation in order to ensure production equipment can effectively communicate with software systems.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with vendors, industry experts, internal customers and every level of employee.
* Must be highly organized, self-motivated and goal-oriented.
* Proven job diligence, dedication, organization, and attention to detail.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline time sensitive environment while maintaining a healthy team environment.
* Ability to reprioritize as needed and think on-the-fly.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet skills and familiarity with production oriented software systems. Ability to read schematics. Working knowledge of AutoCAD would be a plus.
* Demonstrated passion for continuous learning.
* Travel to other facilities as needed. Occasional travel as needed (some international) to evaluate new equipment and technology.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position including:
The ability to attend work predictably and reliably, standing and walking for extended periods of time in a non-climate controlled production environment (often up to 8 to 12 hours/day), sitting for periods of time with the ability to stand as needed, frequent use of a computer and other office equipment such as phones, fax/copier, use of hands and fingers to control such equipment (headset may be available upon request), occasional repetitive use of the hands in a production environment, regularly talk and hear, ability to be present in a production environment with potential irritants such as lint and airborne particles, occasional stooping, bending and reaching for items in production and office environments (assistance may be provided), occasional moderate lifting up to 50 pounds, the ability to push/pull large rolling bins that can hold up to 800 pounds of product.
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
* 5+ TO 7 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Management ExperienceRequired - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Often
Does the candidate have a Bachelor of Engineeringdegree