Director of Professional Services 8/9/2016
Little Rock, AR
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DIRECTOR OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Profesional Services is responsible for the provision of appropriate and adequate care to clients. The Director of Professional Services provides supervision and training to caregiver staff and assures compliance with documentation and physician order requirements. He/She may fill supervisory nursing role obligations.
Specific tasks assigned to the Director of Professional Services:
* Responsible for efficient and effective utilization management in accordance with client needs, physician orders and payer requirements
* Facilitate communication and coordination of care between clients, families, caregivers, physicians and other service providers
* Assure efficient coordination of caregivers through case conferences and scheduling process and appropriate utilization of services
* Assure current and accurate clinical records in compliance with documentation requirements and program specific rules for coverage and qualifying criteria
* Plan and assures adherence to budgetary guidelines
* Complie with Medicare, Medicaid and State license requirements. Comply with Intrepid's Quality Assurance monitors and Performance Improvement Plan.
* Direct and supervise clinical team to review documentation for necessity of services, quality care, and compliance with physician orders and the plan of care to ensure quality care and reimbursement
* Coordinate internal compliance review and monitoring activities, including monthly, quarterly and annual audits as required
* Facilitate the audit process for clinical and billing purposes to improve the efficient delivery of client care and to assure appropriate reimbursement for services rendered
* Proficiency in home care Conditions of Participation, coverage and qualifying criteria for Medicare, Medicaid and insurance plans
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work effectively with others
* Good organizational/time management skills
The Director of Professional Services must have a current state RN license, BSN preferred with completed business coursework (business, finance, accounting, human resources) preferred. A qualified Director of Professional Services will have three (3) years of nursing experience required to consist of a minimum of: one (1) year of home care experience and two (2) years of supervisory experience in a clinical setting. Also required is auto liability insurance as well as a current and unrestricted drivers license.