Director of Program Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDirector of Program Management
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. The SBU Director of Program Management role encompasses SBU-wide functional leadership, direction and organizational development. The Director of Program Management works closely with the SBU leadership to develop and implement customer strategies that will achieve the SBU's long term objectives. The Director of Program Management oversees SBU Program Managers to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with DCO PMO policy, Customer contract requirements, schedules, and budgets. The SBU Director of Program Management is the facilitator and mentor for the site Program Managers to drive effective communications with internal and external customers and is responsible to ensure customer requirements are flowed down to all functional departments.
Strategic Development and growth of the Business Unit:
* Works with SBU Leadership and Business Development in the creation of SBU Value Propositions and strategic growth plan for the SBU
* Serve on the BD Council and interface with the Business Development team in regular strategy sessions as required.
* Focal lead and contact to work with SBU leadership and Finance to develop AOP/LRP Create and manage business unit bookings and sales forecasts.
* Focal for working with targeted customers to develop annual strategic growth plans, in coordination with the Program Managers.
* Manage and maintain tracking of SBU roll up of business unit booking and sales to support AOP.
* Responsible for planning and acquisition of follow-on business within the lead time constraints.
* Serve as marketing liaison/representative to identify, strategize and capture new business opportunities.
* Serves on the DCO PM Leadership team and supports entity wide customer strategy plans as needed.
Elevation point for customer communication and interface:
* First level of elevation to resolve customer issues. Will coordinate with SBU/site leadership to contain further elevation of issues that arise.
* Oversight of program/project (IPT/Customer Focus) team to ensure efficient and effective goal attainment, within established metrics, corporate policy, regulatory guidelines, and budget parameters.
* Provide coordinated company responses to customer requirements and inquiries that require SBU level communication.
* Supports Program Managers in the development and presentation of customer Program Reviews.
* Proficient in MS Office / MS Project / MS Visio
Internal communication, training and interface:
* Communicate with Program Managers / Site Management to assure proper coordination of customer requirements at a strategic level. Ensure that the company's capabilities and business interests support customer requests.
* Responsible for the flow down, training, coordination and execution of standard work and policies as developed by the DCO Program Management Office.
* The DCO Program Management Office (PMO) and the PM Leadership Team is established to create universal functional standards. Development of a structured and predictable Program Management process for One Ducommun external customer and intercompany communication and to provide a vehicle for developing and sharing of best practices are essential leadership elements of the SBU Director of PM role.
* SBU/ Operations Center cross functional leadership of New Product Introduction (NPI) Phase Gate Process
* Assist Program Managers / Site Management to developing time phased budgets and program schedules that support contractual commitments and company goals.
* Oversight of SBU Backlog and forecast to insure accuracy and support of AOP and S&OP activities.
* Recurring Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) engagement for forward looking Customer Demand forecasting & Backlog Management
* Drive continuous improvement and standard work in Program Management Processes within the SBU.
* Understanding of ERP/MRP systems
* Working understanding of an ERP / MRP system and assist in the training of new Program Managers on the ERP / MRP system
Owner of Strategic Pricing and Control - Facilitate communication between the Program Managers and Senior leadership of all customer directed cost reduction/process improvement requests to ensure a coordinated DCO approved response that protects company profitability goals and yet serves the customer.
* Leadership engagement in implementation of lean methodologies across all areas of business.
Contract Negotiations and Management:
* Support all Program Managers in the analysis and review of all contracts to verify Terms and Conditions, Work Statements, Funding, Performance Periods, Deliverables, and other customer General Conditions. Coordinate review of terms and conditions with DCO Director of Contracts. In sure proper level of authority for contract signatures
* Ensure SBU contracts are loaded and maintained on DCO Program Leadership Share Point site.
* Insure that Program Managers are managing and tracking program compliance to purchase order requirements.
* Support negotiation activities with Program Manager as part of the negotiation team for all customer negotiations (new / follow on contracts and claims).
* Ensure implementation and maintenance of functional metrics for Program review to insure AOP flow down of goals is occurring at the Program level.
* Review with Program Managers program budgets to provide ongoing visibility for project cost, margins and performance (actual and projected).
* Coordinate / facilitate with Program Managers / Finance Department / Operations to assure budget compliance and program visibility to any budget variances.
* Provide input with Program Managers to Finance Department for individual program cash flow plans.
* Support the Finance Department for invoice submittal and in resolving late payments receipts when elevation is required.
* Support financial requirements for customer and DCAA audits
* Ensure that Program Managers participate and are assigned as part of the Proposal Team for development, preparation and customer submittal of proposals for new and follow-on business.
* Work with Business Development in the management and maintenance of SBU proposal tracking system.
* Review proposals with Program Managers to insure financial and strategic goals for the company are met
* The SBU Director of Program Management will report to the Ducommun SBU Vice President and matrix functional reporting to the DCO VP of Program Management.
* Matrix functional reporting includes all SBU Program Managers. Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
* Specific vision abilities required include the ability to adjust and focus.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use of hands to finger, handle, or feel.
* Must be able to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
* Must be able to handle stress associated with management position.
* Working conditions are: 60% office environment, 30% outdoors, 10% manufacturing environment; Noise level is moderate in office environment.
* Hearing protection must be worn in designated manufacturing areas.
* Fully enclosed shoes, leather construction, must be worn in all manufacturing areas.
* Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. Othe