Director of Public Relations 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Strong growth, industry leading, global organization has an immediate need for a Director of Public Relations located in Atlanta, GA !! This position is responsible for shaping the perception of the company in the marketplace by driving strategic communications that promote and protect the company's brand and reputation. You will develop and drive the execution of the corporate public relations strategy, including executive visibility plan and corporate image campaign. You will drive the creation and delivery of successful PR Communication Programs for businesses and corporate.
* Partner with assigned business units to understand their strategic goals and then lead the creation and execution of strategic public relations plans and initiatives.Track and report results.
* Collaborate to develop business unit content strategy in alignment with corporate platform.
* Proactively develop, nurture and maintain effective relationships with company executives in key functional areas.
* Develop, plan and execute effective media relations programs including but not limited to press releases, bylines, trade show visibility, press tours and social media content.
* Establish, nurture and proactively manage relationships with target media outlets and contacts.
* Track and announce client wins and successes in press releases and other company-supported mediums and channels.
* Build positive relationships with public relations counterparts and executives at client organizations in order to facilitate joint visibility.
* Manage company relationships and drive deliverables with public relations agencies.
* Identify appropriate vehicles for and manage agency resources toward cumulative and qualitative results, and measurement in metrics tools.
* Drive the development of creative briefs for major PR initiatives
* Create an environment that fosters innovation
* Lead a team of PR loyalists who care deeply about delivering high-quality thinking and programs that lead to business results.
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, etc.
* MBA or Master's degree is preferred.
* You should have a minimum of 8+ years' experience in a PR leadership role.
* Demonstrated past experience partnering with corporate functions and business leadership teams and operating in a player-coach environment.
* Demonstrated ability to influence at the executive and individual levels. Ability to form productive relationships within all levels of the organization.
* Ability to leverage social media to educate and engage audiences.
* Ability to listen and "connect the dots" from one area of the business to another. Critical thinking, strategic consulting and conceptualization skills - ability to offer relevant solutions.
* You should display a relentless pursuit of goals.
* Ability to forge connections and build consensus between individuals.
* Ability to interact with VP and C-level executives and make presentations to that level.
Must have strong and effective influencing skills and capable of gaining consensus. Must be able to effectively and efficiently navigate across the organization and build relationships with internal customers and stakeholders. Must be able to make the "tough choice" when confronted with complex decisions including people and demonstrate flexibility on resolving issues.
Base salary of $125-150k + Bonus + paid relocation, strong benefit and retirement package and future career advancement opportunities!