Director of Purchasing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JEG & Sons
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Director of Purchasing is responsible for managing a team that strategically selects product and ensures sufficient inventory to support business growth while still maintaining appropriate margins on all items.
The primary duties of the Director include:
* STRATEGIC DIRECTION -- Maintain and keep current on industry trends, continually researching new products and new suppliers in order to improve margins, product mix, and to grow the business.
* SALES PROJECTIONS -- Based upon growth targets for organization, work with the sales team to forecast demand based upon projected sales growth for all customers and brands.
* PURCHASING -- Oversee and approve all matters related to purchasing of inventory including: replenishment of stock as needed, anticipation of sales trends, price reviews, and aging inventory.
* FINANCE -- Coordinate/communicate with Controller to moderate cash flow as related to inventory purchases.
* LEAD TEAM -- Provide ongoing support, coaching and development of direct reports.
* MONITOR PROGRESS -- Review Sales Report and Aging Inventory Report weekly to determine corrective measures along with the margin report and backorder situations.
* Bachelor's degree in Business required.
* Five to eight years of experience managing a purchasing team in an e-commerce business required.
* Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
* Experience using Microsoft Dynamics NAV highly preferred
* Requires excellent communication and analytical skills, as well as knowledge of sales process management.