Director of Purchasing 8/16/2016
Manufacturing / Diversified Company
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Establishing and maintaining measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, and material shortage elimination.
* Report to management the measurable status of progress and corrective actions as it pertains to supplier performance.
* Ensure performance improvement and recovery plans are developed, issued, tracked and reported on as required for supply base management and improvement.
* Negotiate and execute purchase orders or vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business needs.
* Manage material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels.
* Strategically develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies covering all commodities, services and supplier processes throughout a global enterprise to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
* Lead a global enterprise organization within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain by managing the following: Commodity and negotiation strategies including Terms and Conditions Supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of Supply chain solutions, including vendor managedinventory (VMI), supplier consignment, safety stock levels, etc.
* Leads product development commodity strategies in line with corporate initiatives to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total cost of supply chain management.
* Drives usage of cost models to validate commodity strategies and to understand significant cost drivers.
* Manages all activities that develop relationships with suppliers.
* Develops an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies.
* Provides commodity support to New Program Teams as required to meet target costs and establish program cost models.
* Manages materials savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives.
* Managing and mentoring a dynamic team of purchasing professionals.
* 10 + years progressive experience in Purchasing & Sourcing with extensive experience in the manufacturing industry
* Bachelor's degree in Purchasing, Production/Operations Management, Supply Management, or Engineering or other relevant field of study.
* Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using MS Office.
* Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
* Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
* Bilingual preferred