Director of Quality
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Trimble Navigation Limited
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
PeopleNet, a company of Trimble, is recruiting for a Director of Quality to fill an opportunity in Minnetonka, MN.
The Director of Quality is responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective quality management system that promotes customer satisfaction and positively impacts the financial performance of PeopleNet.
* Lead quality assurance team and provide coaching and mentoring to staff to achieve high performance.
* Champion company culture of quality and continuous improvement.
* Establish and maintain the company quality management system (QMS) within an Agile business model.
* Establish metrics to monitor QMS effectiveness. Collect and analyze metrics to identify and report to management trends and opportunities to improve product quality and business processes.
* Establish product development processes and support development efforts by representing quality and the customer during the process, including developing quality plans and participating in design reviews, xFMEA activities, and verification and validation reviews.
* Establish supplier quality criteria and ensure criteria and provisions are included in contracts. Monitor supplier performance and ensure appropriate corrective and preventive actions are implemented.
* Establish and manage change control and document control systems. Review and coordinate approval of all changes made to manufacturing and control processes, including those initiated by partner original design and contract manufacturers and component suppliers.
* Interact with customers to identify opportunities to improve product quality and business processes.
* Identify and lead quality and process improvement activities as appropriate using tools such as root cause analysis, Kaizen, Six Sigma and Lean.
* Collaborate with corporate-wide quality assurance staff to share best practices.
* Establish internal and external quality audit capability.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in technical or mathematics related field.
* 10+ years of experience in quality assurance in an electronics design and manufacturing environment.
* 3+ years of supervisory experience.
* Strong mathematics and statistics skills and related tools.
* Experience in communications with internal/external executives
* Working knowledge of ISO 9001 compliant quality management systems.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Ability to professionally represent PeopleNet to customers, auditors, vendors, and other outside contacts.
* MS or MBA.
* Prior experience in a regulated environment, such as automotive, aerospace, or medical device.
* Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
* Trained/Certified in Lean.
* ASQ manager or engineer certification.
* Prior experience establishing a supplier quality process.
* Prior experience establishing a quality management system in a startup environment.
* Prior experience establishing or managing change control and document control systems.
* Prior experience establishing or managing a corrective action system.
* Prior experience in a customer facing role.
* Prior experience establishing and analyzing metrics to measure QMS effectiveness.
PeopleNet is a Trimble Company and part of Trimble s international Transportation and Logistics division. Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D