Director of Quality role with Fast Growing Semi Co
Our client is a leading innovator of semiconductor-, wireless-, and optoelectronic components that enable high speed communications. The focus of the company is to develop and deliver products that enable lower power consumption and faster data connectivity, more efficient use of networkinfrastructure, broader connectivity to the Cloud, and reduce the total cost of ownership of existing network pipes from the core to the end user. They're now looking for a Director of Quality and Reliability to add to their team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
-The position requires high level of motivation, experience in fabless semiconductor companies (foundries), hands on attitude and capabilities, strong leadership and ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Directs the quality and reliability activities of the company relative to products.
- Interacts with customers for Q&R issues
- Responsible for Q&R operations, QMS and ISO-9000/9001
- Assures product compliance with applicable federal and state regulations including good manufacturing practices provisions, and coordinates the required reports to federal and state agencies.
- Identifies, establishes, and maintains quality & reliability systems standards and policies for the design and manufacture of the company's products.
- Analyzes information obtained through audits including data accumulation and consolidation, and provides specific product quality & reliability problems and recommendations.
- Manages the generation of product Q&R Test Plan documentation and communicates directly with customers on requests.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* PhD or MSEE in Engineering, Quality Engineering or equivalent.
* Minimum of 15 years progressively responsible related experience in a manufacturing environment and ten (10) plus years of management experience.
* Requires previous product assurance/quality work experience (5-10 years).
* Experienced in preparing organization for audit by customers and auditing suppliers
* Product reliability analyses and related tests.
* Management skills