Director of Regional HR - ReqCode 16000CN4
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Dick's Sporting Goods
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescriptionResponsible for providing HR leadership, developing and implementing people strategies, driving performance, managing associate relations, driving talent management and bench building within a sales zone consisting of 4 sales regions. Builds strong partnerships with the Regional Vice President, Director of Loss Prevention, District Managers, peers, and Store Support Center leadership. Directly responsible for leading a minimum of two Regional HR Teams and partnering with peers to leverage solutions and ensure consistency across the organization. Supports organizational, financial and operational objectives.
* Lead talent management initiatives for assigned regions. This includes: ensuring that internal, high potential talent is developed and prepared for future opportunities; planning and implementation of a strategy to manage poor-performing talent; leading the Zone's effort in ensuring appropriate bench strength for future openings and store growth; driving the external recruiting process for the Zone.
* Provide strategic direction for associate relations initiatives to ensure an engaged workforce, to drive retention efforts, to maintain a respectful work environment, and to ensure that the region aligns with the organization's Labor Strategy. Manages high-risk associate relations issues and works to mitigate risks.
* Provide direction and response to employment litigation/charges for the region. Maintain knowledge of industry trends, state-specific employment law requirements and other employment legislation to ensure compliance
* Builds effective working relationships with key business partners and serves in a coaching, advisory role for the Zone Leadership teams.
* Leads the Zone HR Team: Provides leadership/guidance in the areas of talent management and associate relations for Sales Manager and below positions; Provides leadership/strategy for rolling out Company/HR initiatives within the zone; Ensures compliance with internal and external people-related requirements.
QualificationsEducation: Bachelor's degree - Business - Human Resources Concentration is Preferred
Experience: 10-15 years
Travel Requirements: 50%
* HR Leadership/Management in a multi-unit field HR environment
* PHR/SPHR certification is a plus
* Business Acumen
* Results Oriented
* Strong Interpersonal / Client consultation skills
* Attention to detail
* Superior organizational skills
Software: MS Office, Peoplesoft
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://dsg.contacthr.com/50060789.jpg /