Director of Rehab Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00950-84137
Days (rotating weekends)
Under general supervision of the AVP of Musculoskeletal Services and Rehabilitation Services, the DIRECTOR OF REHABILITATION SERVICES is responsible for utilizing a holistic and interdisciplinary approach to coordinate the care of all rehabilitation patients (including outpatient and acute inpatient services).
* This includes developing, managing/supervising/coordinating all day to day clinical operations for rehabilitation services to assure a smooth, efficient functioning department and the delivery of quality health care services.
* Leadership includes clinical management and staff scheduling, personnel management (interviewing, hiring, orientation, performance evaluations, counseling/disciplinary actions, etc.), departmental payroll, and other administrative duties necessary for effective departmental operations.
* Acts as a clinical resource for the department and assures ongoing education of staff. Assists with coordinating and participates in quality improvement activities.
* Assists with budgeting and assuring the department operates within budgetary guidelines.
* Collaborates with Human Motion Institute Manager in addition to providing oversight in their absence and provides direct care within their scope and practice and delegate/collaborate care with other disciplines and non-licensed staff as it relates to the outcome and care of the musculoskeletal and rehabilitation patients.
* Assumes additional administrative responsibilities as assigned.
* In addition is under the general supervision of Senior Leadership for direction and leadership over the service excellence program for facility.
* Responsibilities may involve delivery of patient care services: continuously evaluates, develops a treatment plan, and conducts appropriate physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy management to meet the individual needs of medically referred adolescents to geriatric patients (occasional pediatrics in wound care and orthopedic management only) in an efficient, productive manner and within the guidelines of their respective therapy practice acts and professional associations standards for practice and code of ethics.
* To maintain accurate, current records on all patients according to the department s policies and procedures.
* To supervise support staff and other departmental staff as it relates to patient care.
* To uphold the standards of the department and hospital by dealing with patients, visitors, associates and other medical professionals in a respectful, courteous manner.
* Develop protocols for evaluating and treating patients.
* Oversee process for documenting patient progress toward identified treatment objectives.
* Managing and directing the activities of the clinical staff.
* Attending and/or leading facility or company meetings as needed.
* Recommending, developing and/or implementing new programs and treatment techniques to facilitate optimal patient care.
* Assisting in marketing the departments services.
* Interviews and hires qualified personnel for service in all areas of Rehabilitation including Outpatient, Acute, and Inpatient Rehabilitation
* Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards related to therapies in areas served.
* Directs and promotes service excellence program for facility and monitors progress toward facility goals.
* Maintains adequate department staffing and arranges schedules efficiently for optimal department productivity.
* Appropriately manages contract staffing.
* Processes departmental payroll.
* Assures assessment of employees performance on an ongoing basis.
* Accountable for function of the department.
* Assists in formulating goals for the department.
* Reviews monthly statistical/financial results with Director.
* Participates in the preparation of the annual budgets.
* Assures the efficiency/quality of departmental patient care services and department growth.
* Assists with the accuracy and effectiveness of the billing process.
* Conducts clinical meetings and assures ongoing education and training of department specific staff.
* Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
* Serves as department liaison and clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
* Bachelor s Degree in Physical Therapy
* Master s Degree preferred in Physical Therapy, Business or Healthcare Administration
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
* Licensed as a physical therapist in the state of Texas
* Pass the licensed personnel FIM exam using the UDSMR Online Credentialing System within 90 days of hire and again as necessary to maintain the facilities UDS-PRO credential
* Minimal 3 years of management experience in an acute care rehab services department
Last Edited: 09/16/2016