Director of Risk Management 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB PURPOSE:
* To manage the risk identification, assessment, measurement, and reporting processes in accordance with the US Office's activities and within the Group's risk frameworks. Specific risks include credit, market, model, operational and liquidity.
* Coordinate the review and adoption of all risk policies and procedures for the US office, including appropriate risk controls.
* Manage the provision of valuations and associated analysis for certain portfolios in accordance with US Office, TS and Group policies and mandates. Support the Market Risk Department (UK and US) in team management and project responsibilities. Identify and report on Operational Risk issues.
* Provide credit support to the Branch, in line with the institution's Global Model including analysis of trading counter parties, including US based institutions and funds. Review new products; production of limit exposure for existing names; and monitoring and control of limits and excesses.
* Support UK Risk Managers to ensure that the integrity of the risk control framework (as applied to non London operations) is monitored.
* Hands on management and coordination of the Branch's response to work stream requirements across the various risk disciplines, including credit, market, model, liquidity and operational risk.
* Manage the US reporting requirements for controlling and managing market, credit, liquidity, and operational risks for the business areas and mandates.
* Analyse the credit risk inherent in the structure of trades recommended by the front office business areas, including structural, counterparty, event, documentation, country and industry risk.
* Manage multiple projects due to regulatory change management including ongoing projects related to EPS, IHC, Volker and MiFID II.
* Manage internal process to obtain credit limits for Branch counterparties.
* Research and write credit submissions for presentation to Credit Committees when required.
* Produce and present accurate, concise and timely management information reports to the US Management & Risk Committee and other US & London based Committees.
* Ensure accurate and timely reporting of trade/limit data to the Credit/Front Offices in London.
* Maintenance and audit of accurate limits within the credit/trader limits system and close monitoring of any excess positions which arise.
* Manage the US element of market risk measurement and reporting infrastructure for controlling and managing the introduction of new products for the business areas.
* Ensure US risk reporting, valuations and associated analysis is complete, accurate and delivered on a timely basis, in accordance with US Office, TS and Group policies.
* Ensure Senior US or UK management are informed on any limit excesses or unusual trading activities on a timely basis and any operational problems, which will cause significant reporting delays.
* Ensure the US Market, Credit, Liquidity & Operational Risk procedural documentation is complete and accurate and maintained on a timely basis.
* Provide management information on a timely basis.
* Support Operational Risk reporting requirements through timely identification and reporting of operational risk events.
* Oversee the timely submission of US Risk Control Dashboards reports to local, US & head office management
* Represent institution in all audits and reviews that include risk elements.
* A detailed knowledge of all aspects of risk management in a branch environment along with a sound understanding of the regulatory process governing such institutions in the US.
* A detailed knowledge of the full range of core Treasury and Capital Markets products including derivatives.
* Sound understanding of market risk measurement techniques.
* Extensive knowledge of legal documentation and the credit issues relating to such documentation.
* The ability to produce detailed, accurate work when under pressure to meet extremely tight time deadlines.
* Highly developed analytical, numeracy, report writing and presentation skills (in all formats).
* Good problem solving and negotiation skills along with the ability to explain and support credit decisions with well-structured explanations of the risk inherent in a transaction.
* Initiative and motivation to work both independently and as part of a team, along with the ability to manage workflow in a timely and effective manner.
* Sound understanding of the full range of data sources available (Moody's, S&P, Bloomberg), etc. and a high level of computer literacy.