Director of Risk Management and Patient Safety
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Lone Tree, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 08936-57930
The DIRECTOR PATIENT SAFETY AND RISK will serve as the facility s patient safety Officer and direct the prospective patient safety risk reduction program and the clinical risk management program, including functions of clinical risk management, claims management, program administration, risk management education, regulatory preparedness and education for this facility. Reporting to VP of Quality and Performance Improvement, this individual will be responsible for coordinating those systems necessary for identification, evaluation, monitoring, reduction and/or elimination of risks to patient safety, never events, and professional and general liability risk exposures. This individual will provide counseling and education to facility leadership, clinical and non-clinical personnel, board of governors and medical staff members related to risk exposures including risk prevention and risk reduction. The Director Patient Safety and Risk will participate in the management and support of professional liability litigation at the direction and under the guidance of the HCI Department of Claims, VP Quality and PI and CMO. In addition position will serve as the Patient Safety Officer which includes but is not limited to overseeing our patient safety organization activities, serious event analysis, risk reduction program activities including meeting all deliverable and proactive patient safety efforts. The position will be responsible for the daily review of house wide occurrence reporting, the follow up of events as warranted and for trending occurrences and other risk/patient safety data sources to develop a proactive patient safety improvement and risk mitigation program. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Appropriate licensure for healthcare related degree (RN, PA, or NP).
* CPHRM to be obtained within 6 months of hire and maintained.
* Risk Management Certification desirable.
* Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality desirable.
* Bachelor s degree (healthcare related degree preferred).
* Master s degree preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years healthcare experience (clinical experience preferred).
* Minimum of two years of experience in clinical risk management preferred
* Comfortable and skilled at working with physicians, healthcare providers and other stakeholders in the organization.
* Capable of gaining immediate credibility with individuals through experience, presentation, communication skills, empathy and compassion.
* Analytical skills including a working knowledge of basic statistics and statistical analysis methodologies.
* Knowledge of PC based computer software, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and /or similar systems preferred.
* Ability to work independently and interdependently.
* Broad knowledge and familiarity with healthcare related regulatory and accreditation requirements, patient safety analysis and program design, claims management and risk reduction.
* Demonstrates skill in planning, organization, and implementation of work assignments/projects. Requires good verbal and written communication skills when dealing with a variety of internal and external people.
* Excellent analytical and research skills for investigating and reporting.
Last Edited: 08/19/2016