Director of SEC Reporting 9/12/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities:Leadership role in planning, development and filing of periodic reports with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (10-Q, 10-K, 11-K, financial 8-K).
- Develops disclosure cycle calendar and document request list across all contributing parties.
- Develops MD&A and Business disclosures based on meetings with business leaders.
- Ensures consistency of message and amounts with Investor Relations' documents (Earnings Release, Script, Slides).
- Develops consolidated cash flow statements and related liquidity disclosures.
- Leads management reviews of consolidated balance sheet and cash flow information.
- Develops footnote disclosures compliant with GAAP and reflecting operations.
- Researches and develop new footnote disclosures, as appropriate.
- Develops non-GAAP reconciliations for presentation.
- Ensures compliance with XBRL reporting.
- Coordinates Officer Certification process.
- Completes disclosure checklist.
- Coordinates issue resolution with auditors.
- Ensures proper and adequate documentation and internal controls over external disclosures.
Also responsible for standalone audits of captive insurance company, pension and related benefit plans, certain subsidiaries and non-SEC Governmental reporting. Qualifications:- This position requires a Master's Degree in Accounting/Finance and more than ten years of experience in public accounting and/or external reporting at a public company.
- Should be proficient with Microsoft Office software and general ledger software.
- Should also have a deep familiarity with US GAAP and SEC Rules and Regulations.
- Must be able to communicate difficult or complex technical accounting and reporting concepts to all levels of the Company, including individuals that do not have a technical or financial background. Other Information:- Clearly communicates results of operations and technicalaccounting rules in a nontechnical manner to all levels
- Contributes to development of clear Accounting Policydocuments that consider operational as well as technicalaspects of the issue.
- Hyperion tools, Oracle, JD Edwards (JDE, helpful, not required); Microsoft Office products.
- CPA; Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .