Director of Sales
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for leading and motivating the sales staff toward their goal of increased sales. To this end, this position is ultimately responsible for increased revenues and company growth. This position is also responsible for reporting to company directors and officers on the status of projected sales.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES (TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Preparation of regular forecasts of sales in support of the annual business plan, product plan, and market segment plan.
* Budget expenditures relative to sales related cost to assure compliance with the business plan.
* Evaluate primary accounts with the awareness of overall business level and price.
* Evaluate data related to the overall results of the market sales operation and take appropriate action to correct or improve sales performance.
* Evaluate literature, documentation, application data, or other support materials in cooperation with marketing to ensure suitability for assigned market segments.
* Conduct and participate in internal and external sales meetings to continually improve market position.
* Review and appraise departmental performance with respect to obtaining new business and improving relationships with customers.
* Review sales and marketing policies with management and participate in determining product revisions, product line additions, and delivery and price modifications.
* Review activity of competitors with respect to pricing, delivery, and product offering.
* Review all quotations relative to proper application.
* Prepare all job descriptions, job requisitions, and hire personnel to meet near and long term personnel forecast projections.
* Administrative functions to include scheduling and budgeting, reporting to management, controlling departmental costs and supervisor of departmental personnel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* College degree in Marketing, Management, Business Administration, Engineering or technical discipline.
* At least ten year's management responsibility for sales or marketing.
* At least ten years of actual selling experience, three of which is related to capital equipment /power conversion equipment.
* Work history to reflect stability, dedication, loyalty, and professional growth.
* Proven organizational skills, including scheduling, planning, and coordinating details.
* Strategic selling skills.
* Interpersonal skills, including motivation, training, morale boosting, and art of persuasion.
* Must be tenacious and aggressive, yet cheerful and empathetic with the objectives of both the customer and the company.
* Must be willing to devote the time and energy necessary to travel and entertain both customers and sales representatives.
* Technical knowledge of solid state power conversion techniques and equipment is necessary.
At least 5 years' direct field experience in the (a) military, defense/aerospace industry (b) commercial aircraft industry, and/or (c) marine industry pertaining to the sale of electronics equipment (not component parts or services) to the OEM, the Airport Terminal/Airline, and/or Capital Equipment markets. This would be "electrical/electronic equipment".
Has DIRECT (not as a distributor or manufacturer's representative) sales experience with low volume electrical apparatus (motor generators, uninterruptable power supplies, motor drives, etc.) or medium volume electronic systems (aircraft or marine related communications, radar, navigational, fire control, etc.)