Director of Sales
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/21/2017
Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking a DIRECTOR OF SALES.This position is located in Davenport, IA.
* Drives and tracks performance against monthly, quarterly and annual Sales Plans
* Accountable for the sales forecast for profit planning, quarterly updates and monthly demand management and execution thereof
* Define and prioritize target customer segments
* Provide the Business Unit with market intelligence, insight and customer needs
* Resolves complex customer issues
* Act as the voice of the customer and ensure issue resolution, and manage scorecard performance
* Work with Key Account Management to ensure customer satisfaction, grow revenue and provide balanced customer and business advocacy
* Works closely with Product Line Managers to provide input to the development of new product strategies and roadmaps to meet customer requirements
* Collaborate with Product Directors and Business Development to ensure that the Sales team fully understands and sells the core value propositions to customers
* Creates and develops business proposals and financial models
* Leads through other managers and motivates direct reports
* Drive SIOP and CRM effectiveness
* Ensure that the team is structured, resourced and competent to respond to business needs
* Select, develop and manage 3rd party channel partners and advisors
* Optimize field service to generate aftermarket sales
* Domestic and international travel required 25% of the time
* Completed Bachelors degree in Engineering, Science, Marketing or Business
* Minimum of 10 years of sales experience
* 5 years of experience in a leadership role
* Experience establishing forecasts using market data and customer dynamics
* Experience with feeding competitive analysis and customer needs into product, account and capture strategies
* Experience building and maintaining customer and industry relationships
* Experience with leading and facilitating change within an organization
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
* MBA or Masters degree in Engineering, Science, or Marketing
* 3 years of experience managing a customer service organization
* Leadership experience with large-scale sales (i.e. $150M )
* Experience working with business finance and linking financial outcomes with operational actions and business strategy
* Experience responding to TINA and non-TINA RFPs
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS
Job Category: Sales & BD
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Recruiter: Jen Acosta