Director of Sales - Embedded Channels 9/9/2016
St. Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Laird is a global team of more than 9,000 talented individuals dedicated to helping create a world where smart technology enables virtually everything-transforming our way of life and empowering us to do more than we can imagine.
As a continuously growing company, Laird is always looking for people who can help us live our mission to be a trusted partner delivering technology to the world through innovation, reliable fulfilment and speed.
If you're interested in joining a global technology company leading the way for a wireless world, we want to learn more about you. Explore our current opportunities to see where you can make the biggest difference.
Based in a Small Office / Home Office (SOHO) environment, this position is accountable for growing and managing assigned channel account(s). This position is expected to develop partner plans and grow revenue by developing strategic relationships with the executive team as well as branch sales and marketing teams in the assigned territory. Successful execution will result in sustained revenue and market share growth. Additionally, this position will participate in the identification and qualification of sales opportunities and the assignment of opportunities to appropriate sales personnel. It will be primarily focused on the embedded channel partners such as Arrow Electronics, Avnet, Future Electronics, Digi-Key and Mouser. This role will also leverage key strategic relationships with chip manufacturers and the embedded os providers with a focus on making Laird a leader in the embedded wireless ecosystem within these players.
* Directly manage wireless and M2M embedded markets in the channel.
* Drive the development of sales KPI's, statistics, forecasts and reports on sales activity within region and those requested by management.
* Maintain knowledge and awareness of competitor's products, pricing, discount structures and overall strengths and weaknesses.
* Manage channel inventory to minimize out of inventory and over inventory positions.
* Obtain market share information for Laird and competitive products. Develop programs and initiatives within the channel to exploit opportunities and grow market share.
* Maintain broad knowledge of accounts by establishing relationships with all management levels involved in managing, procuring and deciding upon networking technology. Focus efforts on having Laird become product of choice.
* Support and maintain customers within targeted national accounts.
* Develop new business opportunities within these accounts and their targeted selling groups.
* Participate in the development of strategic Laird market and business plans for accounts/industries.
* Conduct regular customer visits and make sales presentations. QBR's.
* Review and coordinate customer equipment specifications.
* Arrange applications support and product/service demonstrations.
* Generate monthly progress reports.
* Excellent presentation and organization skills with a talent for customer interaction at all levels.
* Strong interpersonal & communication skills combined with a positive attitude and proactive approach.
* Ability to travel to trade shows and customer sites as necessary.
* Industry networking experience required.
* Thorough understanding of data communication concepts.
* Knowledge of two-tiered sales model (preferred).
* Provide sales statistics, forecasts and reports on sales activity within region and those requested by management.
* Previous experience working for and or selling to major partners (i.e., Arrow, Avnet, Future, Digi-Key, Mouser, Semtech, Marvel, TI, Freescale, Intel, etc.)
Education & Experience Requested
* BA/BS and/or MBA in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field.
* 5+ years of experience in a senior Sales role.
* 10+ years of experience in Sales with positions of increasing responsibility and accountability.
* 3 years selling to national accounts or through related technical channels (preferred).
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability