Director of Sales & Marketing 9/1/2016
Don's Johns, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Director of Sales & Marketing manages a team of people who are committed to providing quality service to our customers. The selected candidate will be responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Staffs and directs a sales and customer service team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients and Account Managers.
* Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
* Oversees the Customer Service Call Center and works with the Manager to ensure superior customer service.
* Responsible for the performance and development of the Account Managers and the Customer Service Call Center.
* Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
* Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
* Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
* Conducts one-on-one review with all Account Managers and staff to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Account Executive's sales and activity performance.
* Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
* Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
* Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Account Managers.
* Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses.
* Assists Account Managers in preparation of proposals and presentations.
* Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
* Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
* Recruits, tests, and hires Account Managers and staff based on criteria agreed upon by senior management.
RELATIONSHIPS AND ROLES:
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL COOPERATION
* Insures that all Account Managers meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
* Delegates authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
* Sets examples for Account Managers in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
* Conducts regular coaching and counseling with Account Managers to build motivation and selling skills.
* Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
* Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
* Works closely with Operations to ensure maximum customer satisfaction as well as profit
Tenacious Problem Solver - Superior Customer Service - Knowledge of Service Area - Self Starter - Commitment to Excellence - Dedicated to Continuous Improvement - Dependable -Excellent Communication Skills: verbal and written - Adapts to Change - Ability to Multi-task
* Four-year college degree
* 5-7years of experience in sales management.
* Experience with CSRM software.
* Extensive experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management.
* Prior construction market segment experience and/or special eventexperience a big plus.
* Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
* Willingness to work weekends at client events.
* Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
* Experience with a call center and customer service representatives.