Director of Sales - Plastic Packaging
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Verne Johnson & Associates Inc.
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is a leading extruder/converter/printer of polyethylene products; including heavy duty bags,security bags, plastic mailing envelopes and plasticfilms used by agriculture and plastic packaging customers. This is a privately owned business with sales of $50MM prox that has been around for more than 35years. Client's mission is to champion a green future, by producing plastic products that are socially and environmentally responsible. Company collaborates with others to explore new ways to develop plastic products that are recyclable, energy conscious and that create tremendous value to their clients.
The Director of sales position is a senior management position responsible for directly supervising 15 Independent Sales Reps plus 2 full-time Account Managers and several Distributors. Position is responsible for developing and managing the sale of products and services to new and existing clients and driving volume and margin growth. The Director will ensure that the Sales team and processes are aligned with the Company's strategic business plan.
Reports: Vice President of Sales & Marketing
* University graduate of accredited university in business or related field.
* 10 years of business development experience selling packaging-related products and services
* Demonstrated planning, analysis, negotiation and selling abilities.
* Excellent presentation, selling, negotiation, and analytical skills required.
* Experience partnering with customers and suppliers on solutions.
* Experience working with executive teams on strategy implementation.
* Experience managing people.
* Outgoing personality with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Hardworking, team oriented, high sense of ethical responsibility, willingness to delegate and mentor.
* Problem solver and ability to think independently
* Strong organizational skills
* Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office suite and customer-relations systems (CRM)
* Ability to travel Western half of U.S.
$125 -135K base and high bonus variable - total compensation expectation $170K+