Director of Sales and Market Development
SCA owns and/or provides management services to 194 ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with approximately 2,800 physicians and in affiliation with 105 health systems. SCA's clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs create measurable advantage for surgical facilities - clinically, operationally, and financially.
We are looking for a dynamic and driven individual in the Baton Rouge market who is looking to join an industry leader, with the ability for significant success, reward and career development.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Sales and Market Development will work in collaboration with operations team to develop a comprehensive growth plan, for each respective facility, and will sell to internal physicians and recruit new physicians in order to optimize the growth of each facility. This position will ensure 6-8 calls per day targeting new physicians, as well as, visiting with existing, credentialed physicians and their key office staff (schedulers) to drive incremental case volume. In addition, this position will be responsible for canvasing the designated market universe for each facility and capture all desirable physician targets and qualify for performing cases at their facilities.
This position will focus on the Baton Rouge Market and the Director of Sales and Market Development should be within a reasonable commutable distance of the territory.
* Lead growth team meetings and ongoing strategic growth planning and execution
* Canvases physician universe, generates interested targets, qualifies and presents to facility leadership and physicians for recruitment
* Responsible for maximizing case volume from all credentialed physicians
* Establishes and maintains long-term physician and office staff relationships
* Regularly visits physician offices to meet with physician and his/her staff in order to assess any needs that will result in increased case volume
* Communicates physician or office staff needs, as identified, to sales and operations leadership team to create positive impact
* Identifies other ASC/hospital relationships that physicians may have
* Understand and influence which cases can be moved to SCA facilities from hospital or competing ASC.
* Collaborate with others regarding opportunities to convince physicians to shift business from other facilities
* Lead and organize physician onboarding and credentialing process with facility teams
* Covers assigned number of facilities (1-5), depending on geography and number of partners or utilizing physicians per facility
* Comprehensive knowledge of market and demographics including current and compelling targets
* Help disseminate best sales and marketing practices across the region and SCA
A successful Director of Sales will:
* Be a strong fit for SCA's culture and values.
* Have a minimum of 5 years of healthcare sales experience, with documented success in direct to physician sales
* Bachelor's or Associate Degreepreferred but not required
* Develop strong relationships with teammates and physicians
* Communicate effectively, and with persuasion.
* Demonstrated leadership abilities, with experience working collaboratively with teams to drive progress, influence change and achieve results
* Engage their role with high energy and self-motivation to own established goals and achieve results
* Strong organizational skills and detail orientation, with ability to multi-task
* Demonstrated understanding of the ASC business model through direct or indirect experience
* Solid computer skills, including email, Word and Excel
* Prior CRM experience preferred
* Understanding of our business, marketing materials and business jargon
* The ability to differentiate our products/services and unique value versus others
* Present findings and potential solutions to key leaders in the organization
* Create and execute programs and services to maintain and expand existing physician case volumes in our facilities
* Able to interpret and disseminate information, including key information about changes in the marketplace and physician partners
* Create and review performance reports for respective facilities on a regular basis
* Utilize Volume GPS to assist viewing recent utilization, establish trends and assess status to goals and assessment of what additional opportunity exists
* Establish a baseline of cases per facility and per physician
* Measure growth of cases on a monthly/quarterly basis and impact trend
* Maintain all data and pipelines in Salesforce CRM
* Travelrequired for training and meetings
* Reliable transportation is required