Director of Security - Healthcare
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
Santa Rosa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
DIRECTOR OF SECURITY - HEALTHCARE
Universal Protection Service is proudly celebrating 50 years of being in business and is the largest privately owned security organization in the U.S.
We attribute our growth and success to our exceptional employees. If you like being part of a winning team and providing exceptional customer service, we may have an opportunity for you!
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal is currently looking to hire a Director of Security -Healthcare. The Director of Security directs and oversees the Security Operations at the Hospital campus, and ensures campus security procedures and initiatives align with the goals and objectives of System Security. Primary responsibilities include planning, development, monitoring, and coordination of Security activities. Responsible for implementation of Security policies and procedures, response to emergent situations, and performing Security Risk Assessments. Partners and liaises with law enforcement and other public agencies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for service excellence and would like to be an integral part of our success, please consider joining our team!!
Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver\'s license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
Additional responsibilities of the Director of Security - Healthcare position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Planning, development, monitoring, and coordination of security activities.
* Responsible for implementation of security policies and procedures, response to emergent situations, and performing Security Risk Assessments.
* Manages and supervises all sub-units within the Security Department, such as fire control room, command center, or other site-specific locations as applicable to job site. May generate work orders and attached paperwork for extra security coverage requests.
* This position assists with the coordination of all aspects (technical and managerial) of executing the security contract at the assigned location. Assigns work tasks to Security Professionals and directs their work throughout the day.
* This position is the direct supervisory contact for shift supervisors (if applicable to site) or for Security Professionals, regarding performance, operations, and department needs. Responsible for supervising, motivating, coaching and training employees. Also responsible for evaluating the work performance of Security Professionals and making recommendations regarding assignments
* Responsible for making sure that Post Order manual and all other post and training information is being properly maintained and updated, and that the Post is being properly maintained, cleaned and organized.
* Conducts interviews and evaluates new employees. Responsible for conducting on-the-job training, in coordination with Shift Supervisors, of new employees assigned to post, or when changes to post orders are made. This may include orientation to the post, review of post orders, routine responsibilities, and how to respond to emergency situations or specific client needs.
* Ensures Security Department compliance with Hospital policies and procedures, as well as, TJC, CMS, federal, state and local statutes, and regulations. Participates in committees, including the Environment of Care and Safety Committees.
Qualified applicants for the Director of Security - Healthcare position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice, Information Systems, desired but not required.
* A minimum of five (5) years of Security Management experience in the healthcare industry at a Manager or Director level ( Preferred)
* Previous experience working in law enforcement, military, or emergency management. ( Preferred)
* If required in the state in which you are applying, as a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of Guard License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must have a valid driver's license for the state in which you are applying and ability to meet company-driving standards in order to safely operate a Company vehicle if required.
* Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
* Demonstration of strong customer service skills required, with ability to effectively resolve client issues in a professional and service-focused manner and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant required.
* Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and email a considerable plus.
* Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
* Ability to train and coach others, and to effectively enforce post orders, security standards and company policies equitably and consistently.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
* Incumbent must be available to work outside normal shift schedule on an as-needed basis, and must be accessible by phone 24/7 for emergency response.
* Ability to develop budgets at the department level, preferred.
* Ability to operate security based software, and physical security systems including, but not limited to CCTV, access control, duress alarms, etc. highly preferred.
* Experience as a Certified Trainer or Instructor in the fields of security, law enforcement, military, or emergency management a plus.
* Knowledge and experience in Hospital Incident Command System (HICS), up to, and including FEMA ICS-300 Certification, desired but not required.
* Current member of IAHSS required and ASIS preferred.
* One or more of the following: IAHSS Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA), ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), and/or Professional Certified Investigator (PCI) highly desired.
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days