- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Director of Security
DIRECTOR OF SECURITY
Universal Protection Service is proudly celebrating 50 years of being in business and is the largest privately owned security organization in the U.S.
We attribute our growth and success to our exceptional employees. If you like being part of a winning team and providing exceptional customer service, we may have an opportunity for you!
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Universal Protection Service is currently looking to hire a Director of Security. This person will be responsible for directing, coordinating and overseeing all activities of the onsite Security staff, including all supervisory, training and operations functions at the assigned post in accordance with post orders and client instructions, and following all internal procedures. We seek leaders that inspire the best from their employees and have the ability and desire to mentor, train, and help their staff grow! If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for service excellence and would like to be an integral part of our success, please consider joining our team!!
Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver\'s license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
Additional responsibilities of the Director of Security position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Coordinates all aspects of executing the security contract at the assigned location(s).
* Responsible for supervising, motivating, coaching and training employees.
* Conduct interviews, make recommendations for placement of security professionals, and execute site-specific orientations.
* Is the first point of contact for security professionals regarding performance, operations, emergency response activities, and department needs.
* May be responsible for scheduling and payroll coordination at assigned site based on the size and post requirements, including pay and invoice reconciliation.
Qualified applicants for the Director of Security position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes preferred.
* Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver\'s license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
* Minimum 5+ years of professional-level experience required.
* Prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement and/or military highly preferred.
* Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of security industry a plus.
* Must possess a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant.
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Northeast - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days