Director of Social Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull-Time (Monday-Friday; Manager on Duty rotation: 3-4 times per year)
Freedom Village Bradenton 6406 21st Avenue West Bradenton, FL 34209
Job #: BSL00040
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
* Interview each resident and/or family member to determine history, interests, and hopes of the resident to complete a social history
* Plan, organize, develop, and direct the social service programs to ensure that the medical-related emotional and social needs of the residents are met and maintained on an individual basis
* Visit residents on a regular basis to determine acceptance to programs and the community
* Orient and train employees on social services policies and procedures to ensure understanding and support
* Encourage residents to participate in activity programs
Required skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Social Work required
* Two or more years of related experience
* Must be registered with the Academy of Certfied Social Workers
* Flexibility with schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must enjoy working with the senior population
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan. BR img src='http://career.staffingsoft.com/images/013-97-151134.aspx'