Director of Solutions - Contract Logistics / Warehousing / Distribution 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOUR CLIENT, ONE OF THE LARGEST GLOBAL PROVIDERS OF INNOVATIVE LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS, HAS A KEY OPPORTUNITY FOR A DIRECTOR OF SOLUTIONS TO TAKE OVER RESPONSIBILITY AND LEAD LARGE A LARGE SCALE SOLUTION DESIGN FOR THE CONTRACT LOGISTICS. WITH SEVERAL GLOBAL LOCATIONS, THIS WEST COAST BASED POSITION WILL PLAY A LEAD ROLE IN THE DESIGN OF SOLUTIONS TO BE DUPLICATED ACROSS MULTIPLE GEOGRAPHIES COMPANY-WIDE.
The purpose of the position is to achieve new sales growth targets within focus markets, verticals and products. This position will consistently play a lead role in working directly with potential and current customers while also leading cross functional groups within the organization in support of various internal and external supply chain solution initiatives. This position will consistently lead scoping efforts, data analysis, new operational designs, costing, pricing, layouts, proposal development as well as internal and external customer presentations. This position will also play a role, as needed, in supporting new business implementations and continuous improvement projects for existing operations.
* Lead high volume solutions design projects in multiple locations
* Set target completion dates and continuously monitor performance
* Ensure full compliance meet client guidelines
* Direct interface with clients through all phases of solution design
* Lead analysis of Proposals information and data including identifying critical gaps and developing effective assumptions where required
* Ability to deal effectively with ambiguous situations and interpret customer information and data
* Leads operational design for new business including data needs assessment and collection, facility layouts, process design, staff planning, equipment specification, budgeting, pricing, assumptions documentation and proposal development
* Lead interface between internal functional groups throughout new business proposal development process ensuring effective communication and awareness across all internal and external stakeholders
* Develop and lead internal and external customer presentations demonstrating solution approach as well as Project Management for new business implementations and operational enhancements
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelordegree in supply chain management or similar
* At least 10 years working in contract logistics environment. Candidates with strong warehousing manufacturing support solutions design within the third-party logistics industry preferred. Experience working for a supply chain consulting company would also be a fit.
* Solutions design and/or operations management experience in the Hi-Tech Vertical
* Operations management and/or implementation management experience
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Proven analytical and leadership skills required
* Excellent computer software skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Experience with simulation software and/or network modeling software is a plus
Excellent base, bonus, medical/dental/vision, tuition reimbursement, expense account, 401K, etc.