Director of Spa 9/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Provide guidance and leadership to The Spa, ensuring consistent compliance with spa industry guidelines and hotel policies, and quality guest service while maximizing departmental profits.
* Implement and manage spa's daily quality process including goal communication, associate improvement, and compliance with HEI Hotels and Resorts' standards of product and performance, service recovery and problem resolution. Disseminate feedback from comment cards, guest satisfaction and service failure measurements and coach accordingly.
* Interview, hire, train, motivate, conduct performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate for spa associates including, but not limited to Manager(s), Supervisor(s), Therapists, Front Desk and Attendants.
* Maintain accurate and up to date records regarding required licensing of spa staff.
* Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
* Assign and instruct Spa Therapists and Associates in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Monitor business levels and hotel occupancy and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
* Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results.
* Supervise the budgeting, forecasting, cost and inventory controls.
* Prepare Forecast expenses and actual results for the spa revenue and expenses.
* Provide expertise with regard to the spa's core business vis- -vis company meetings and activities.
* Be available and able to assist in all aspects of operations as needed based on business needs.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
* Hotel experience preferred.
* Requires the exercise of considerable managerial skill as position involves frequent decisions, meeting of deadlines, negotiations of contracts of vendors, analytical ability and the planning, organization development and coordination of large scale work projects.
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
* Complex mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare complex mathematical calculations without error, i.e. budgets, forecasting.
* Ability to be mobile for significant distances between and within buildings on the property. Ability to observe performance and detect signs of emergency situations and respond with proper action with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal. Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled