Director of Spiritual Care & Vision
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 2/18/2017
The Woodlands, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
This position exists to direct the integration of Spiritual Care, Houston Methodist Values, and the HMTW Vision throughout Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital. The position directs the Spiritual Care Department in providing the highest quality pastoral care to patients, families, and staff, and ensures that the department provides holistic, inter-disciplinary care in cultivating the hospital s Spiritual Environment of Caring.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
Provides personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
* Focuses on patient/customer safety
* Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
* Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
* Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
* Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 30%
* Sets strategic objectives and supporting initatives designed to maintain and enhance the hospital s Spiritual Environment of Caring, including but not limited to:
* Administration of Hospital s Mentoring at Methodist initiative.
* Training of all new employees in Hospital s Vision, Values, and Culture.
* Provides spiritual care to patients, visitors, physicians, staff, and patients families, consistent with the Hospital s Spiritual Environment of Caring.
* Provides leadership guidance to Chaplains, Lay Ministers, and Support Staff.
SERVICE - 30%
* Administers the duties and functions of the Department of Spiritual Care and Values Integration, including the organization of the departmental resources to achieve the maximum potential for the hospital s spiritual care needs.
* Acts as a liaison with HMTW Senior Management, HMS Corporate Management and the Spiritual Care Commmittee of the HMS Board to guide and facilitate the integration of HMTW Vision, Values, and Culture throughout the organization. Advocates for the Hospital s Spiritual Environment of Caring.
* Provides coaching and instruction for spiritual leadership, vision development, values integration, and cultural communication in response to hospital needs as interpreted by senior leadership, department directors, managers and employees.
* Builds community relationships and support among churches within The Woodlands.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 10%
* Demonstrates the components of the ICARE Values statement.
* Demonstrates the Methodist Experience ServicePRIDE standards.
* Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
FINANCE - 10%
* Establishes budget for department of Spiritual Care and Values Integration; plans and organizes areas of responsibility to accomplish operational and strategic objectives within budgetary guidelines.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
* Serves on various hospital-wide committees and takes a leadership role in developing and/or evaluating hospital services, policies, or programs. In addition, represents the hospital with work in at least one professional association.
* Works with HMTW Marketing and Public Relations to facilitate internal and external communications about the Mission, Vision and Values of HMTW through printed and electronic media.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Graduate of an accredited school of theology with a Master of Divinity or equivalent.
* Parish experience or equivalent as judged appropriate by the interviewing committee.
* Five (5) years management experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
* Ordained clergy within an acceptable faith tradition.
* Commissioned by an acceptable faith tradition for ministry in a hospital setting.
* Board Certified Chaplain with Association of Professional Chaplain.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Skilled in verbal and written communication
* Ability to build and sustain interpersonal relationships
* Ability to reflect theologically on institutional concerns
* Knowledge of organizational strategies and operational objectives
* Skilled in coaching, counseling and developing others
* Knowledge of management principles, processes and procedures
* Skilled in team building, team participation, and achieving organizational success
* Strategic thinker, insightful decision maker, ability to analyze and solve problems
* The working environment is a well-lighted, ventilated office space.
* Movement throughout the hospital to various meeting rooms as well as hospital patient care areas is required, as well as occasional travel to off-campus sites.
* Hours are variable due to professional, community, and managerial meeting needs.
* Professional attire is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.