Director of Sponsorship Sales, Partner Marketing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SALESFORCE, THE CUSTOMER SUCCESS PLATFORM AND WORLD\'S #1 CRM, EMPOWERS COMPANIES TO CONNECT WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS IN A WHOLE NEW WAY. THE COMPANY WAS FOUNDED ON THREE DISRUPTIVE IDEAS: A NEW TECHNOLOGY MODEL IN CLOUD COMPUTING, A PAY-AS-YOU-GO BUSINESS MODEL, AND A NEW INTEGRATED CORPORATE PHILANTHROPY MODEL. THESE FOUNDING PRINCIPLES HAVE TAKEN OUR COMPANY TO GREAT HEIGHTS, INCLUDING BEING NAMED ONE OF FORBES\'S "WORLD\'S MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANY" FIVE YEARS IN A ROW AND ONE OF FORTUNE\'S "100 BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR" EIGHT YEARS IN A ROW. WE ARE THE FASTEST GROWING OF THE TOP 10 ENTERPRISE SOFTWARE COMPANIES, AND THIS LEVEL OF GROWTH EQUALS INCREDIBLE OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW A CAREER AT SALESFORCE. TOGETHER, WITH OUR WHOLE OHANA (HAWAIIAN FOR "FAMILY") MADE UP OF OUR EMPLOYEES, CUSTOMERS, PARTNERS AND COMMUNITIES, WE ARE WORKING TO IMPROVE THE STATE OF THE WORLD.
The Director, Sponsorship Sales will operate as a leader in the Partner Marketing organization, overseeing various aspects of sponsorships and the associated team, which works to bring appropriate companies from the Salesforce ecosystem to our events through sponsorships. The successful candidate will operate as an internal champion for the sponsorship team and for partners, working to ensure an array of opportunities that are impeccably executed and allow major business impact. This role also requires close collaboration with our SI and ISV partners to ensure alignment of sponsorship offerings with goals and ROI needs.
The Director, Sponsorship Sales will focus daily on supporting the entire sponsorship portfolio, which includes Dreamforce, Salesforce World Tour, Salesforce Essentials, Salesforce Connections, TrailheaDX and a variety of other events that arise throughout the year. The sponsorship team packages, prices, promotes, sells, and activates sponsorship packages across the portfolio in line with corporate direction, while covering much of the operational expenses of hosting world-class events.
The Director, Sponsorship Sales and the sponsorship team do not carry individual quotas, but focus on large team goals. This role requires a blend of skills that includes strong sales experience, an understanding of event operations, business development, and the Salesforce partner ecosystem. Experience in Salesforce CRM as tracking of sales efforts and forecasting appropriately is very important for success.
The candidate must be a respected people manager with proven sales experience, possess killer executive presence, and the maturity to nurture fruitful stakeholder relationships. The candidate we are looking for knows how to prioritize competing deliverables, is a problem solver, is unwaveringly flexible, has deep experience in sponsorships in the high-tech industry, loves events, and wants to work with an amazing team of individuals that are passionate about partner success.
* Operate as a leader in the Partner Marketing organization
* Be an active and supportive coach and player on the sponsorship team to ensure a cohesive, functional, and fun team that works effectively together
* Drive leadership in team sponsorship goals
* Support the sponsorship team daily based on constantly shifting priorities
* Orchestrate executive communications that align leadership on the efforts and achievements of the sponsorship team while soliciting support as needed throughout the organization --- achieving the numbers this team does requires sponsorships at Salesforce to be a team sport
* Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external contacts
* Utilize Salesforce CRM to track sales outreach, open opportunities and revenue
* Strive for operational excellence across necessary functions, such as sales reporting, operations and billing
* Influence the packaging, pricing, promotion, selling, and activation of sponsorships for Salesforce corporate events (Dreamforce, Salesforce World Tour, Salesforce Essentials, Salesforce Connections, TrailheaDX and a variety of other events)
* Exhibit creativity to brainstorm and develop net new sponsorship opportunities across the portfolio
* Collaborate with the largest cloud ecosystem to ensure alignment of sponsorship opportunities to partners' business goals --- and to sell, sell, sell!
* Align with the larger Alliances organization on the business of partners --- understand who strategic partners are and why while being aware of future potential partnerships and expected ecosystem shifts
* Excellent people management skills that allow self-sufficient go-getters to achieve amazing things
* Strong team work is a must, the team dynamic is non-negotiable
* Highly motivated individual with positive energy, enthusiasm, and passion for the Salesforce business and ecosystem
* Ability to manage multiple priorities seamlessly in a fast paced and dynamic environment
* Killer executive presence, meetings with leadership are commonplace
* Strategic and analytical thinker that can position events as a key part of any prospect's marketing mix
* Experience selling marketing sponsorships in the high-tech space with demonstrated ability to negotiate
* Underlying understanding of the operational intricacies of events big and small --- Salesforce events range from 170,000+ registrants with 415+ sponsors to less than 200 registrants with 2 sponsors
* Capable of creating and nurturing relationships with SI and ISV partners during sales and activation phases
* Exposure to and experience with the Salesforce ecosystem
* Expert skills with Salesforce CRM, most specifically Sales Cloud
* Impeccable ability to develop win-win professional relationships with cross-functional internal teams, external agencies, and service vendors
* Proven presentation and communication skills in both formal and informal settings, in-person and virtually
* 10 to 12 years experience in the high-tech industry (preferably enterprise CRM) in the following areas: Sales, Sponsorships, Alliances (ISV and SI), Marketing, and/or Events
* B.A. / B.S. in Business, Marketing, Strategic Planning, Communications, or other related field
* Master's degree a plus
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.