Director of Strategic Accounts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
Long Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAirgas USA, LLC is hiring a Director of Strategic Accounts based in
Long Beach, CA!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States. Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
The Director of Strategic Accounts leads the Airgas Regional Company's (ARC) efforts to secure, maintain and expand business relationships with large, multi-location customers. He/she will manage, coach and lead a team of Strategic Account Mangers (SAMs) and Regional Account Mangers (RAMs) in attainment of sales and assigned Strategic Account objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manages Airgas Regional Company Strategic Account portfolio agreement renewals, pricing, and annual sales plans. Understand the impact of sales and financial decisions on the Regional Company's P&L and participates in the annual budget planning process.
* Coordinates with Area Vice Presidents (AVPs) on support and transference of knowledge and insights related to existing Strategic and Regional accounts as well as proposed new business opportunities.
* Collaborates with National Segment Leaders and National Account Mangers (NAMs) to define vertical segment sales strategy, and to develop solutions responsive to individual market segment needs.
* Facilitates high level teaming and collaboration at the Regional Company and National levels between NAMs, SAMs, District Managers (DMs) and Specialists in identification and pursuit of new business opportunities.
* Establishes a planned program for sales coaching, working with SAMs on all aspects of the sales process to establish a culture of consultative selling to decision-makers at all levels.
* Selects, develops, coaches and leads a high performing team of sales professionals to meet or exceed targeted revenue growth.
* Coaches SAMs to build effective staff/support relationships across the Airgas enterprise that enables them to respond quickly to emerging opportunities, and provides for seamless application of Airgas services to meet potential and existing customer requirements.
* Cultivates, maintains and expands effective business relationships with executive decision makers in large/national accounts to solidify existing business and identify new opportunities.
* Participates in sales calls with AVPs, NAMs, SAMs, DMs and Account Managers (AMs) to provide feedback, and to assist with large opportunities. Actively participate in all elements of the sales planning process.
* Serves as a comprehensive resource internally and externally for information relating to existing and potential Strategic and Regional account customers.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales Management, Engineering, or related field; Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years of strategic business to business sales-related or sales operations positions to include 5 years or prior experience managing a sales team.
* A track record of achieving profitable sales growth and managing the dynamics of change is required.
* A reputation for strong leadership skills and the capability of developing and managing a team of experienced sales professionals with a strong emphasis on customer excellence and customer-focused results is required.
* Versatility to function effectively in a fast paced and changing business environment.
* Excellent motivational skills.
* Ability to analyze a business opportunity, and develop a successful sales strategy to acquire new business.
* Demonstrated knowledge of business and accounting concepts including but not limited to Return on Investment, P&L statements, balance sheets, interest and leasing calculations, and margin responsibilities .
* Tough minded, take charge change agent who challenges the status quo and acts with a sense of urgency
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and to create cross-functional alignment.
* Must possess excellent communication skills, especially in the development of actions plans and to ensure accountability and follow through.
* Ability to make highly effective oral and written presentations and proposals to all levels of management.
* Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
* Ability to travel throughout area (up to 30% of work time), minimal overnights; must have reliable transportation and possess a valid US Driver's License.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .