Director of Strategic Partnerships and Innovation 9/4/2016
The Riverside Church
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Director of Strategic Partnerships and Innovation works to foster long-term institutional sustainability by auditing church assets, implementing strategic partnerships, and directing congregational efforts to articulate future strategy.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Partners with the Senior Minister and Executive Minister to create a strategy and initiatives that will be a model and best practice for institutional sustainability.
* Serves as staff liaison for the sustainability plan. Drives plan forward and implements projects; reports on progress to Senior Minister, Executive Minister and lay leadership.
* Facilitates strategic partnerships and joint entrepreneurial ventures with other institutions, private and governmental, that fund programming and create viable revenue streams;
* Evaluates assets and proposes proactive strategy for long-term institutional sustainability.
* Facilitates the direction of the Riverside Community Services Corporation.
* Builds relationships with the departments within TRC to improve the scale and effectiveness of TRC programs and initiatives citywide; work with leadership at TRC and similar institutions to find creative ways to fund these programs.
* Creates and maintains a results-driven, action-oriented and empowering environment where generosity, ideas, professional growth, accountability, and humor flourish.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum 10-years work experience in modern high performance fundraising, marketing, or brand or account management environments.
* College Degree or higher
* Experience working within a church or religious institution preferred
* Developed understanding of the appropriate ways of working and business standards required to create a high performing and accountable environment for creative and dynamic colleague working.
* Experience in organizational problem solving, operations, high performance management in complex organizations
* Management consulting or equivalent experience,
* Proven track record in successful change management and knowledge of organizational development approaches and practices
* Core competencies in strategic planning, business performance measurement/management, portfolio management and lean business process development
* Strong analytic skills and fluency in financial management
* Rigorous and critical thinker, able to ask probing clear questions and drive toward solutions quickly
* Predisposition toward simple and practical solutions
* Strong interpersonal skills, collegial and collaborative, works with excellence, high energy, good humored and creative leader
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other ministries and teams