Director of Strategy 9/7/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY AS THE _DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY_ YOUR KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
* Work closely with the VP, Strategy to partner with leaders in the creation of business strategies that drive revenue and profitability goals and further our industry leading position.
* Responsibilities include a full range of strategic and business development activities.
* The Director should be a self-starter, able to effectively lead projects independently, work on and manage cross-functional teams, and facilitate management decisions on key areas of opportunity.
* Work with the VP, Strategy on strategic planning across the portfolio of businesses and products. Assist in the development and articulation of the overall strategic plan and reporting on key initiatives to both LexisNexis and RELX Group (parent company) leadership.
* Assess entry into new markets, segments and distribution channels. Lead the development of analyses and recommendations used by senior leadership to evaluate the overall attractiveness and implications (strategic, financial, operational).
* Work with segment and/or product VPs on strategic projects specific to areas of opportunity in their business lines.
* Manage multiple strategic initiatives simultaneously, providing project management oversight and coordinating development of deliverables.
* Develop acquisition strategy. Evaluate acquisition targets and create business cases, in concert with segment leaders. Participate in M&A commercial due diligence and planning, effectively working across cross-functional global teams.
* Manage the strategic pricing and competitive intelligence teams
* Other duties as assigned
* 2-4years of post-MBA experience in consulting and/or a corporate role with emphasis on strategic planning and/or business development
* 2-4years of experience from a top tier consulting firm (e.g. Bain, BCG, McKinsey, Booz)
* Candidate must have an MBA from a top tier business school (top ten)
* Must be a strategic thinker who is highly analytical and has excellent presentation and communication skills as well as advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to deliver results working with individuals of all seniority levels within a complex, matrixed environment
* Strong team and collaboration skills
* Proven track record of dealing with senior level executives
* Previous experience in a top-tier management consulting firm required
* Experience in the software, legal or technology industry preferred, but not required
* Travel up to 10%
COMPETITIVE SALARY PLUS COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE TO INCLUDE:
* Quarterly 401K Match
* Paid Time Off
* Paid Holidays
* Two PaidVolunteer Days
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Employee Assistance Program
* Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts